Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Appendix Carry Life Hack

Appendix Carry Life Hack

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I'm also confused. That appears to be an OWB strong side holster, not AIWB.
    Be not confused.

The hack works (provides a useful cushion) for my holster (OWB MR Upper Limit) for my body type (not thin), for where I wear it (fairly forward, 10:30 (I'm a lefty) at the point of my hip).

Is that near my Appendix? Dunno. Maybe? The thread title is "Appendix Carry", not "Appendix IWB Carry".

But no matter. Good ideas sometimes transcend conventional thinking, and so I wanted to bump the thread with another perspective on this useful suggestion.

That's pretty much it, really.
    Last edited by RJ; 02-11-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You've obviously missed the life hack part...Rich wears his pants inside out!
    Only dropping them in the laundry basket.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Bump.

Thank you for bumping this, Rich. I have these on my Fricke and JMCK appendix holsters and love them. Comfortable, provides a bit of extra tuck, and the tackiness of the material helps keep my undershirt tucked in during range and dry fire draws practice. Just a great idea.

That being a high-ride holster, with a short-barreled, grip-heavy gun, I can see the utility......cushions the muzzle against bony parts, and helps keep the grip tucked in against the tummy.

If it works for you, then rock on with your bad self, Rich!
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

It just tips the gun into the body, by wedging it the holster towards the body. Concept is the same as an AIWB, the application is just different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody done this with a light bearing appendix holster?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Anybody done this with a light bearing appendix holster?
    Yes. I have a light bearing rig for a G34 with a TLR1. FOR ME it is too much. The thickness at the belt print some and the grip does not tuck enough. Since becoming a father I run a decent amount at night, I know its not smart but its what I can do. Because I am out after dark almost daily I am looking into the light bearing thing again. I am really interested in a APL compact set up but haven't set up the funds yet.

I have installed it on a JMCK G17 holster with U-boat. Haven't really had a chance to carry it, but will say I like the fact I have the tuck. I bought the holster 2nd hand and it did not have the extra tuck which I like. Even with the extra length of the light I still found the gun wanted to flop over the belt.

User Tag List