Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: new DHS pistol solicitation is out.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    It's what's on the inside that matters. Although that may be the light trigger.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Rumor is... (RUMOR) that the "X" series may or may not have been a result of what ICE asked Sig to do. Much like the LEM (law enforcement modification) was invented for the INS. The X series has been released to the public already. But its genesis "could be attributed" to DHS requests. Maybe... possibly....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Don't know about that but I was in a SIG instructor class when the contract was announced earlier this year. The head instructor told me we (ICE) were now trying to get the X series grip modules included in the package. I bumped into Phil Strader from SIG at Iron Sight Nationals and he indicated there was a change to the original package as well. I have seen photos of the guns delivered to the national armory a few weeks ago. Essentially a 320 compact with a thinner curved trigger (I assume this is the DOD'ish mods) with the X5 carry grip module. I was led to believe we (individual agents and officers) are getting the gun with all three compact grip modules with 5 mags (this was the original package) plus the X5 grip module and what I am guessing is 3 full size mags (I am making this assumption off this article that indicates 8 mags are included).

My selfish concern is this gun going to be a pain in the ass to get holsters for if it's a combo of two different civilian models (compact and X carry). As long as JM is down with the plan I will be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Scott

Sfran943,
    Word from OFTP is the guns will hit the academy @march and then start to filter into the field after the basic classes get the first batches.

“A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

The P320 is a nice shooting gun, but you couldn’t run fast enough to give me a Sig today, unless it is a German made gun with old German internals.

User Tag List