Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: new DHS pistol solicitation is out.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I know a guy that works for ICE. They're currently authorized to carry a bazillion different pistols right now. I'm curious to hear his thoughts on this.
    We have the 229/239 in DAK as standard issue. We have a limited number of Glock 26 and J frames (probably less than 500) left over from the days of customs as issued pistols.

For personal purchase duty carry, we have:
    Glock 17/26
    Sig 229/226/239 in DA/SA .40
    HK P2000k LEM
    HK USPc .40 LEM

All of those guns were approved for personal purchase because at one time they were issued guns, and as such had already passed the testing protocol.

It is hardly a "Bazzilion" pistols.

The majority are cheap and stick with the issued guns. Half have bought the 26 for off duty use. About 20% bought the 17 to go with the 26. About 10% carry J fram back ups. Only 5 or 6 people went with the HK (it is not very popular with our troops).
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post

All of those guns were approved for personal purchase because at one time they were issued guns, and as such had already passed the testing protocol.

It is certainly a lot. Is there any other federal agency that allows so many?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    It is certainly a lot. Is there any other federal agency that allows so many?
    ATF and DEA have a comparable list. Where as CBP/BP is "p2000" or nothing... Some agencies have variety, some say this is what you get, take it or leave it.

The old INS was 96D or nothing, and one size gun does NOT fit all. There should be some reasonable alternative for the 5'1" agent and the 6'5" agent.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

ATF and DEA have a comparable list. Where as CBP/BP is "p2000" or nothing... Some agencies have variety, some say this is what you get, take it or leave it.

The old INS was 96D or nothing, and one size gun does NOT fit all. There should be some reasonable alternative for the 5'1" agent and the 6'5" agent.
    Just to be clear, I'm not arguing against it.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

We have the 229/239 in DAK as standard issue. We have a limited number of Glock 26 and J frames (probably less than 500) left over from the days of customs as issued pistols.

Glock 17/26
    HK P2000k LEM
    HK USPc .40 LEM

The majority are cheap and stick with the issued guns. Half have bought the 26 for off duty use. About 20% bought the 17 to go with the 26. About 10% carry J fram back ups. Only 5 or 6 people went with the HK (it is not very popular with our troops).
    It seemed like a bazillion when he listed them all. In all seriousness I was just surprised that any of the fed agencies had that many authorized sidearms. My experience with any of them is very limited though.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Vp9 looks like a solid contender along with the 320

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I haven't noticed the VP9 pistols I've shot and observed do any auto-forwarding....yet.
    My VP9 does it every time. When I trained with you guys at the Instructor Development Class it did it except during the FBI qual course. It surprised me when it didn't as I got accustomed to just inserting the magazine and back on target.

Glock 17/26
    HK P2000k LEM
    HK USPc .40 LEM

Thank you for weighing in with that.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by mluikey View Post
    My VP9 does it every time. When I trained with you guys at the Instructor Development Class it did it except during the FBI qual course. It surprised me when it didn't as I got accustomed to just inserting the magazine and back on target.
    On ambi-control handguns, it is common in my case for the right side lever to inertia-bounce against the right hand as the magazine locks home.Whenever ive deliberately kept my trigger finger off of the frame duing the reload, no handgun has ever auto-forwarded.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by mluikey View Post
    Interesting. My VP9 does not auto forward, and I can pretty much make a P30, M&P, CZ and Glock do it on demand. (just went and confirmed this again with the VP9).
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List