Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 340 No Lock

I just wish Smith would do a 442 .38 with no lock and a tritium front sight, I would be all over it. It would be far more affordable and address an actual need far better than a 13 oz. 357 magnum.

Essentially, a M&P 442 would have been a better way to go than a M&P 340.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I just wish Smith would do a 442 .38 with no lock and a tritium front sight, I would be all over it. It would be far more affordable and address an actual need far better than a 13 oz. 357 magnum
    That would make the most sense. I would be all over that.

I get the idea of the pinned front sight, but paying more than double what I paid for my no-lock 442 plus the .357 option that I would never use isn't that appealing to me.

JR1572

Site Supporter
    I really wish S&W would do a run of no lock M&P 342's. Those sold for around $530.

340 No Lock

Didn't S&W make some 642's with 2.5 inch barrels and pinned front sights?

Didn't their powerport guns have replaceable front sights?

JR1572

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I really wish S&W would do a run of no lock M&P 342's. Those sold for around $530.
    That would be nice.

JR1572

Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    I'm glad you brought that up. What sight options are available? XS, FO, and red plastic? Am I missing any?

JR1572
    Gold bead. Duh. You forgot the best option.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Gold bead. Duh. You forgot the best option.
    I didn't even know that was an option.

You're talking me into a j frame with a pinned front sight...

JR1572

Site Supporter
    I bought my 340 PD no lock about 10 months ago and really like it to carry. Very easy in a pair of slacks, and much lighter than my 642.
    I started with stock grips, put a used (falling apart) set of LG 405s on it, then switched to the LG 105s. I didn't find the LG 105s fit my hand very well (couldn't hit the button), so I got a new set of LG 405s (Brownells--very good company).
    For what it's worth, I think the prices are cheaper now than what I paid last year.
    Here's a thread -which LSP has some good info on removing the lock on a lock version, cleaning, and other good stuff.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ighlight=340pd

Great place to buy your ammo. https://precisiondelta.com/

Also the often recommended nylon pocket holsters don't work for me. I've got one of these ordered. Good reviews online. http://shop.aholster.com/

User Tag List