Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which RMR?

Aside from the vision issue, it seems like a bad idea to me to swap from a proven carbine optic like the aimpoint, to a less rugged one like the RMR. Saves a couple ounces, maybe? I have some T2's that i need to mount up, maybe they will take care of the dot crispness, and give you the ruggedness we're used to.

Does anyone think the RMR us as rugged as the T1? I'm actually tempted to go back to my CompM3's...

The RMR's have proven quite rugged on long guns. The only thing that can be problematic is the exposed emitter; the sealed Aimpoints are much better in that regard.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Pat McNamara turned us on to using RMR's on AR15's. For use on carbines, the RMR06 is the only viable option. Like Pat, we have been using the Trijicon mount--works fine; there are other mounts available for various vendors that also work well.

I am interested in an absolute co-witness mount for this RMR. The lower 1/3 co-witness drives my old eyes crazy. Can you make a couple of suggestions for such mounts? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Aside from the vision issue, it seems like a bad idea to me to swap from a proven carbine optic like the aimpoint, to a less rugged one like the RMR. Saves a couple ounces, maybe? I have some T2's that i need to mount up, maybe they will take care of the dot crispness, and give you the ruggedness we're used to.

Does anyone think the RMR us as rugged as the T1? I'm actually tempted to go back to my CompM3's...
    I mounted up an H1, after looking at the models recommended above. There was nothing that stood out as being demonstrably better than the aimpoints. I too like the bigger Comp bodied sights (i'm blind in one eye, and finding the dot when shooting support side is easier with the bigger tube), but opted for the smaller T1/H1 package.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    I am interested in an absolute co-witness mount for this RMR. The lower 1/3 co-witness drives my old eyes crazy. Can you make a couple of suggestions for such mounts? Thanks
    ADM has one: http://www.americandefensemanufactur...w/product/242/

Works super.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post

Is the Aimpoint pro the same as the older comp m3s? Those m3s could take some serious abuse.

The RMR's have proven quite rugged on long guns. The only thing that can be problematic is the exposed emitter; the sealed Aimpoints are much better in that regard.

Do they do ok on shotguns also?

Work fine so far on handguns, SMG, 12 ga, PDW, carbine, rifle.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Work fine so far on handguns, SMG, 12 ga, PDW, carbine, rifle.
    I'm going to have to try one on a shotgun. I'm also thinking that they might be a good match for an M1 carbine--light enough not to upset the balance and much better than the peep sight for old eyes.

User Tag List