Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which RMR?

Which RMR?

Setting up a new rifle and wanted to try out the RMR route. I currently use a T1 in a 1/3 cowitness Larue mount. I'd like to keep,the same height for the new optic. Which RMR/mount is best for an urban, big-city HD rifle?

Pat McNamara turned us on to using RMR's on AR15's. For use on carbines, the RMR06 is the only viable option. Like Pat, we have been using the Trijicon mount--works fine; there are other mounts available for various vendors that also work well.

Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Does that RMR06 recommendation apply to pistol's as well?

We have standardized on the RMR06 for all uses.

What are the advantages of a RMR06 over an Aimpoint Micro on a carbine?

There may be others but the ones I looked at had a much crisper dot.

Exactly. Much crisper dot--especially for many folks with older eyes and/or damaged vision.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Exactly. Much crisper dot--especially for many folks with older eyes and/or damaged vision.
    Does this extend to the T-2?

We have not yet tried T2's on pistols, but will be doing so in the near future.

I have been running the same RMR02 on different AR pattern guns for...three or four years now. It's my go-to red dot for dropping on new rifles that come through the office, and I've used at training classes, three gun matches, and everything in between. The 6.5 MOA dot is enormous, I'll concede that point, but the sight itself is crazy fast on anything out to 100 yards. It'll deliver hits on IPSC torso sized steel pretty handily past 100, but I've never really pushed it hard beyond that distance.

I use an American Defense mount, which is pretty handy since this optic gets moved around between rifles a lot for testing purposes. This guy: http://www.americandefensemanufactur...w/product/241/

User Tag List