Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA IDPA Match Schedule and Information

Somehow, I didn't get video of the barricade/barrel stages:

"WHAT?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW RIDICULOUS YOUR GUN IS!" - TLG

Registration for the NRA IDPA May 26 Match will open Monday, May 18 at 9AM. Please register at: https://clubs.practiscore.com/may-26...match/register
    Once approved, you will get an email letting you know to squad. Squad 5 is at 5PM, Squad 6 is at 6PM, etc. You must arrive 30 min early for the safety briefing, and 1 hour early if you are a new shooter. Match will consist of 5 medium to short stages, under 100 rounds, $25 cost, and be an IDPA legal match. If you are a new shooter and wish to be authorized to shoot, please email NRAIDPA@verizon.net for more information.

In Practiscore you can select if you are volunteering to be a Safety Officer or to assist with setup. We will need two SO's and two stage setup assistants.

Thanks,
    Cody Claxton
    IDPA Area Coordinator for VA/MD
    NRA IDPA Match Director.
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Hi Cody,
    There wasn't anywhere on the registration form to enter notes: Can you please put me on a later squad? I'm not able to get to the range until 8PM. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroflux View Post
    Hi Cody,
    There wasn't anywhere on the registration form to enter notes: Can you please put me on a later squad? I'm not able to get to the range until 8PM. Thanks.
    Everyone should receive a link from Practiscore once I approve you for squadding.
    There may be a delay of a few hours as I am not always able to work on the approvals.
    I approved yours, Steve, so you should now see the link.
    Thanks,
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

We have a full match with three people currently on the waitlist.
    Please use your management link to select a shooting time: 5=5PM, 6=6PM, etc. Look in your SPAM folder if you don't see the squadding link.
    Please notify me ASAP if you are going to cancel your slot so we can move a waitlister into your slot.
    Setup Crew:
    - Craig P;
    - John W;
    - Charlie M;

Safety/IDPA Briefings: Charlie Moore in Lounge

Safety Officers:
    Bill E
    Cody C
    Charlie M

I still have slots available for Sat, May 23 at Thurmont, MD for IDPA Match: https://clubs.practiscore.com/thurmo...ay-23/register
    If you need a classifier in order to compete in WV IDPA Championship, please email me at NRAIDPA@gmail.com.
    Thanks,
    Cody

UPDATE, May 26 NRA IDPA Match:
    IF YOU ARE NOT RECEIVING UPDATES FROM PRACTISCORE, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDERS AND SEARCH YOUR INBOXES. I have been sending out updates from clubs.practiscore.com.

Your squad assignment is listed in those updates, or you can check your registration management link.

Please arrive 1 hour early if you don't have a range card, 45min if you do. Go to lounge and get safety briefing and COF briefings. We have 30 shooters for 5 stages, and that means less than 2min per shooter per stage. We need to have everyone arrive on time, gear up on time, and be ready to paste and shoot so we don't run behind schedule.

Setup Crew:
    Craig P,
    John W,
    Bill S,
    NRA Staff.

Safety and COF Briefings: Bill E,

SO's:
    Skip M,
    Cody C,
    Bill E.

Cody Claxton
    NRA IDPA Match Director
    IDPA Area Coordinator, Va/Md

May 26Results
    https://practiscore.com/results.php?...f-7e55edae3353
    Thanks to the setup crew and Bill E and Skip M for excellent SO support.
    Cody

Thanks, Cody et al. for a fun match. I had a great time shooting it (both firearms and photography). Here's the first of the pics and video I took tonight:

https://flic.kr/p/tDM7f8

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    May 26Results
    https://practiscore.com/results.php?...f-7e55edae3353
    Thanks to the setup crew and Bill E and Skip M for excellent SO support.
    Cody
    Cody, thanks for putting on a great match as always. Many thanks to the setup crew, SO, and NRA staff who put in long hours to make the match run.
    You do a phenomenal job at packing so much into a tight space and tight time slot. The stages were great with a lot of subtle decisions (like Josh leaning back on the chair - wish I thought to do that). Thanks for the advice on managing eye dominance with those long shots. Eager to give that a try. Looking forward to next month's match, see you then!

PS - There is a support group for people who keep getting beat by Josh S. We have t-shirts. Meetings are Wednesday nights from 8-9 at varying bars in the NoVA area. Contact current members for upcoming locations.

User Tag List