May 26
    June 23
    July 14
    Aug 11
    Sept 8
    Oct 13
    Nov 10
    Dec 8

Good News! The NRA Range has confirmed that we have one Tuesday evening per month time slot for the foreseeable future. We have also added the NRA IDPA Club to the IDPA Website as an affiliated club. I have also created a dedicated email address: NRAIDPA@verizon.net. Please use this email for all correspondence. For now I will use the pistol-forum website for announcements, but I want to build a google groups list for notifications as well. Registrations will be done using clubs.practiscore.com and scoring will be done on practiscore as well.

I am always seeking assistance for setup. Please let me know if you can help.

New target stands are being built and available April sometime.

You must have a NRA Range card to shoot the match. You must also attend the safety and stage briefing 45min prior to the match and one hour before the match if you need the range card.

New Shooter Information:
    If you have never shot IDPA at the NRA Range, please email
    NRAIDPA@verizon.net to get qualified to shoot. Send your shooting resume for pistol, classes taken, class and division, previous matches, etc. If you have qualified to shoot at AAFG or Thumont, MD or Peacemaker National Training Center, or Fredericksburg USPSA or Quantico USPSA then you are automatically qualified to shoot at the NRA IDPA. If you are Sharpshooter or higher in IDPA or C-Class or better in USPSA you are prequalified to shoot at the NRA IDPA. But please email NRAIDPA@verizon.net to let me know you have those qualifiers.

To attend IDPA at the NRA Range make sure you have these critical skills through dry fire practice:

1) You must be able to do a reload without your finger going into the trigger area. It must be indexed on the frame. (I have seen many expert shooters who think they never violate this rule, but as a Safety Officer running a timer I observe it happening all the time. It is a good idea to videotape yourself and watch what happens or have someone else observe. It amazes me how many people violate this safety rule.)
    2) You must be able to move from one point of cover to another point of cover with the gun in your hand and your finger indexed on the frame. The only time your finger should ever be in the trigger area is when you are actually engaging a target. Practice this in dry-fire by moving at least three steps between standing positions, pull the trigger at targets, then move to the other point, pull the trigger at targets, then back and forth, focusing on moving your finger to index as soon as you finish pulling the trigger on targets.
    3) You must be able to do a reload with the muzzle pointed at the berm downrange. Skyward reloads are prohibited at our range (except for revolver shooters).
    4) You must be able to draw and holster one-handed. If you use a regular shirt as concealment, you may use your weak hand to pull the shirt up, BUT your weak hand may not go anywhere near the gun until the gun is out of the holster and the muzzle pointed downrange. Same thing for re-holstering. It is important to have a good holster so your weak hand is never needed. Practice holstering slowly...you are not on the clock.

DRY FIRE PRACTICE: Please clear your gun, check it twice, and put all ammo away, empty two mags. You can use snapcaps if you like. Then dry-fire practice these skills at least 20 times until you can do them proficiently and without reverting to old habits.

There is a new rulebook. Please make sure you know the rules: http://members.idpa.com/Content/Rules/x2gukat1.wyt.pdf

Some new rules:
    - Each hit on a non-threat is worth 5 seconds;
    - Dropping a magazine with bullets when not doing a reload is a penalty;
    - You may do a reload while moving behind cover, but you may never do a reload or cross an opening with an empty gun;
    - In some cases you may do a reload while moving with a visible target that has been engaged. In other cases you may not. Read the rulebook.
    - More non-threats may be used;
    - A standards stage may use foot fault lines or boards;
    - There is only one revolver division, a new Compact Concealed Pistol division, and BUG division in addition to SSP, ESP and CDP;
    - Intentionally failing to take a final shot on a final target to avoid the reload time is an automatic FTDR;
    - I am sorry, but no AIWB holsters are allowed for IDPA, even NFS.

NOTE: This is not the forum to debate these rules. Rules debates belong in the IDPA subforum.

Thanks,
    Cody Claxton
    NRA IDPA Match Director
    Last edited by cclaxton; 03-29-2015 at 05:08 PM.
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

April 14 NRA IDPA Match Announcement
    This will be a 3 stage IDPA Classifier Match, set for 90 rounds, but please bring about 120 rounds. Price is $25. Match Director is Cody Claxton. All shooters must arrive at least 30 minutes prior for a safety and COF briefing by Charlie Moore in the lounge, and shooters without a NRA Range card must arrive 60 minutes early. Shooters are expected to be familiar with the Classifier course of fire. Please read pages 53 - 55 of the current rulebook. This section covers the Classifier Match. It's online at: http://www.idpa.com/compete/rules. Note that if you classify with a gun that is legal in more than one division, your classifier times will apply in the other divisions. So, if you shoot a ESP legal gun in CCP, you may have those times applied to both divisions. If you shoot BUG division and it is legal in SSP and ESP and CCP, you can get four classifications at one time! (Example: Glock 26, S&W M&P9C, Khar PM9, XDS-9, etc.)

There will be two 6 member squads at 5PM and 7:30PM. The Classifier will take about 2-2.5 hours per squad. New shooters emailNRAIDPA@verizon.net. New shooters must be pre-qualified. If you have shot KSTG or IPSC at NRA, have taken the AAFG or Thurmont, MD IDPA classes or are experienced IDPA shooter of Sharpshooter or better, you are already qualified to shoot this match. If you are C-class USPSA shooter with competition experience, you are also pre-qualified.

IDPA Level I match, with the following divisions:
    BUG, CCP, CDP, ESP, REV, SSP

Price: $25

Registration is required and will open on Monday, April 6 at 9AM and close April 13 at 5PM. You may waitlist, as we normally have 2-3 people drop out prior to the match. Register at: https://clubs.practiscore.com/nra-id...match/register

I need 2-4 SO's and two people to help set up. You will shoot for free.
    Thanks,
    Cody

Cody Claxton
    Match Dir.

Last edited by cclaxton; 03-31-2015 at 07:44 PM.
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

This really sucks. After hounding you for an IDPA Classifier I am going to miss this match completely; I'm going to be on travel for work actually starting on that Tuesday morning...

Quote Originally Posted by zeroflux View Post
    This really sucks. After hounding you for an IDPA Classifier I am going to miss this match completely; I'm going to be on travel for work actually starting on that Tuesday morning...
    Steve,
    We are also running classifier April 11 at Peacemaker.
    There are others around if you need me to dig them up.
    Cody

NRA IDPA Registration Now Open

REgistration is now open for NRA IDPA Classifier April 14
    https://clubs.practiscore.com/nra-id...match/register
    Cody

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Steve,
    We are also running classifier April 11 at Peacemaker.
    There are others around if you need me to dig them up.
    Cody
    Hi Cody,

Do you know when they open registration for this Saturday? It says "Registration Coming Soon"

http://peacemakernational.com/events...nt&eventID=545

I just contacted Peacemaker and asked them to activate the link.
    Cody

We have 11 slots left to run the classifier at the NRA Range Tuesday, April 14.
    I am opening this up to run this twice if you need two classifications: BUG Gun, Revolver, etc.
    Cody

So registrations have come to a stop. I have enough room to run a pair of scenario stages next to the classifier stage. Final call for classifier spots. I am closing out classifier slots Saturday at 5PM. If I still have room, I will set up two short scenario stages. You will be able to sign up just for the scenario stages.
    Cody

Just registered See where I squad up...

User Tag List