Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: NRA IDPA Match Schedule and Information

New rule question... not debating, just clarifying. Please let me know if this was explained already!

- You may do a reload while moving behind cover, but you may never do a reload or cross an opening with an empty gun;

I read this as follows:

-I may reload while moving behind cover
    -I may not reload with an empty gun
    -I may not cross an opening with an empty gun

the middle bullet point is what is throwing me off...

Is this written incorrectly or am I reading it like an idiot...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by beamanmc View Post
    New rule question... not debating, just clarifying. Please let me know if this was explained already!
    - You may do a reload while moving behind cover, but you may never do a reload or cross an opening with an empty gun;
    I read this as follows:
    -I may reload while moving behind cover
    -I may not reload with an empty gun
    -I may not cross an opening with an empty gun
    the middle bullet point is what is throwing me off...
    Is this written incorrectly or am I reading it like an idiot...
    Thanks!
    I like to think of it this way:
    - You may reload while moving behind cover or while moving through a hallway or a room with targets that have been engaged;
    - You may NOT reload or have an empty gun while moving across any opening, window, or in the open between points of cover;
    - An empty gun is defined as a gun that doesn't have a loaded magazine fully inserted and the slide in battery (Note you are not required to have a round in the chamber);
    - IF you run dry in the open and you are moving to a new point of cover (or want to retreat to the previous point of cover) you may initiate a reload while going to cover, but you may not fire until the reload is completed.

I hope that clears it up for you.
    Thanks,
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

The middle bullet is throwing you off because it is wrong.

What the heck else are you gonna do with an empty gun besides reload it? ;-)

Thanks haha
    Last edited by beamanmc; 12-03-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Video from the IDPA Classifier last month. Came in 5th for Stage 1, 8th for Stage 2 and 19th for Stage 3 with two complete misses for each of the three targets; so its clear that I need to work more on distance marksmanship and also my general fitness (squatting, crouching...etc.)

Had fun last night, glad to be getting back into this!

Anyone know if there will be a January (as well as the rest of 2016) match?

Quote Originally Posted by beamanmc View Post
    Had fun last night, glad to be getting back into this!

Anyone know if there will be a January (as well as the rest of 2016) match?
    From Cody's last email, "January 19 will be the next match. After that it will be the 2nd Tuesday of each month plus a few bonus ones."

It's hard to believe but the IDPA Club at the NRA Range just got started February of 2015 and we already have attendance of 120 unique shooters. I estimate we have a group of about 60 regular shooters. Now that the NRA IDPA club is established, we have outgrown our Pistol Forum thread. I have created a new facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NRAIDPA/

This will allow me to post match announcements there, newsletters, and other information without managing a cumbersome email list or fragmented pistol forum postings. It will also allow you shooters to post pictures, videos and your own experiences in one place for all shooters to experience. NRA IDPA shooters are still free to post here, but I will no longer be monitoring this location as frequently nor posting updates here.

Much thanks to the folks at Pistol Forum for helping us get this new club launched, use their forum, and support for action pistol competition. I will continue to participate in other forums on Pistol-Forum related to Tactics, Hardware, Law Enforcement, and The Romper Room.

See you on Facebook.
    Thanks,
    Cody
    NRA IDPA Match Director
    IDPA Area Coordinator, VA/MD/DC
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

User Tag List