Thread: 3 mag insert for Mayflower APC

3 mag insert for Mayflower APC

looking to make my plate carrier even lower profile/lighter so I am going to ditch my chest rig in favor of a belt/bare minimum plat carrier set up. Anyone have experience with the three mag inserts? Also what is the best belt set up now, I haven't used one since 2010-2011.

Nevermind...
    Last edited by Caboose; 03-30-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Meaning the Mayflower kangaroo insert...?

Works as advertised, but I thought that the mags were kept too deep in the pouch, so I had a local stitch-bitch run a double-line of stitching across the bottom to bring them up about .5".

I use the MOLLE c-bunn on my APC, and bringing the mags up interferes a bit with donning/doffing, because they stick up above where the flap folds. Interferes, not prevents; I either deal with it, or remove the mags for that purpose.

After a while...given that I'm not jumping out of airplanes or conducting maritime operations, and don't need that level of security for the things...decided that the pull-tabs were too much of a hassle. Removed them, bought three Esstac KIWYs, and cut them to fit for positive, open-top retention.

Judgement call.

User Tag List