Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crimson Trace Request

Beretta 92 compact
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by isis07734 View Post
    Paul Gomez tried to get them to make a hip clip/barami type laser grip years ago, I think. That's what I put on the form, for a J-frame.
    And that would be an awesome idea
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    I guess you must shoot with a variety of "high thumb" grip?

My natural revolver grip with my left hand has my thumb down lower, and lets my thumb sometimes get in the way of the laser beam.
    (I don't often carry a J-frame, but when I do, it's as a single sidearm rather than as a BUG.)
    With J frames I have too much hand, not enough gun, I have to use the same grip Jerry Miculek uses on a J frame, just left handed, and with my left thumb on top of the laser housing as a thumb rest. When shooting one handed I just leave the left hand in that same grip position.

http://www.shootingusa.com/PRO_TIPS/.../miculek2.html
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I'd love for them to simply make a 405 that doesn't crack the rubber in a couple of years and trash the rather expensive part. I even have a design change in mind to fix the problem.

Cracking?? Seriously...grrr I just bought a pair. If flexing is the problem what if the inside of the grip was filled like with silicone. I really don't care about shock absorption, I just wanted a deeper front to back grip with a laser.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Cracking?? Seriously...grrr I just bought a pair. If flexing is the problem what if the inside of the grip was filled like with silicone. I really don't care about shock absorption, I just wanted a deeper front to back grip with a laser.
    Yes, the rubber in that little recoil absorbing area they build into that grip tends to crack away from the hard plastic portion.
    www.agiletactical.com

They sell two part molding rubber that's pourable. That might take care of the flexing problem. Or silicone caulk. Fill the grip put it on the revolver and let it cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Yes, the rubber in that little recoil absorbing area they build into that grip tends to crack away from the hard plastic portion.

I want a marriage of the Light/Laserguard with the Railmaster Pro: a light/laser combo with the activation button in the same place as a DG switch.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List