Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crimson Trace Request

Crimson Trace Request

http://www.crimsontrace.com/company/...2#contactForms

Request Laser Grips to be made for the Pistol of your choice.

I'll Start with Sig P320.

Post models you would like to see grips for.

Mods please consider making this a sticky.

no replies to this thread other than posting which model you would like to see grips requested for
    Last edited by UNK; 03-29-2015 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    http://www.crimsontrace.com/company/...2#contactForms

Request Laser Grips to be made for the Pistol of your choice.

I'll Start with Sig P320.

Post models you would like to see grips for.

Mods please consider making this a sticky.

no replies to this thread other than posting which model you would like to see grips requested for
    SW 442 left-handed!!! (Laser on left side) Or anything left-handed for that matter!

Walther PPS

Over the past few years, I've used their form to request the PPS dozens of times. I figured maybe they could incorporate it with the removal backstrap feature (as a means of attachment)... nothing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    SW 442 left-handed!!! (Laser on left side) Or anything left-handed for that matter!
    IMHO the J frame grips are in fact already left handed.

Seriously.

I'd love for them to simply make a 405 that doesn't crack the rubber in a couple of years and trash the rather expensive part. I even have a design change in mind to fix the problem.
    Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 03-29-2015 at 01:55 PM.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    IMHO the J frame grips are in fact already left handed.
    Nope.
    Being left-handed myself, I recognize that when shooting left-handed, the left-hand thumb all too often inadvertently blocks the path of the laser.
    Of course you could move the thumb out of the way, altering your natural grip on the weapon, but if you're relying on automatically seeing that red or green dot in a fast-developing emergency, you might not have the presence of mind at that moment to figure out why it's not showing up on what you're targeting.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Nope.
    Being left-handed myself, I recognize that when shooting left-handed, the left-hand thumb all too often inadvertently blocks the path of the laser.
    Of course you could move the thumb out of the way, altering your natural grip on the weapon, but if you're relying on automatically seeing that red or green dot in a fast-developing emergency, you might not have the presence of mind at that moment to figure out why it's not showing up on what you're targeting.
    I almost only shoot my J frames left handed since they are BUGs, and my primary BUG is carried weak side pocket. That laser housing works awesomely as a thumb rest, and actually helps me control recoil by using it as one. With the correct grip the laser is never blocked, which is often a problem for right handed shooters when the trigger finger in register blocks the beam.

A "left handed" grip would be helpful to me if I decide to run a J frame as a primary, which I used to do off-duty for a few years. I really like 640s as an AIWB gun.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Lightguard for the M&P Shield... And i suppose G43 as well.

A limited release collaboration between CT and Sig to do an integrated-laser frame would be pretty interesting, if interesting to provide for holsterwise.

Paul Gomez tried to get them to make a hip clip/barami type laser grip years ago, I think. That's what I put on the form, for a J-frame.

I'd love form them to simply make a 405 that doesn't crack the rubber in a couple of years and trash the rather expensive part. I even have a design change in mind to fix the problem.
    Yes. The flex of the hollowed rubber backstrap eventually results in its cracking, which is really unacceptable for an item costing so much.

I understand how the laser module needs to be quite solid for sake of giving a consistent POA/POI with the projected "dot", but perhaps a solid rubber backstrap would wear longer and still give more cushioning than the older solid plastic backstrap on the 105s and 205s.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I almost only shoot my J frames left handed since they are BUGs, and my primary BUG is carried weak side pocket. That laser housing works awesomely as a thumb rest, and actually helps me control recoil by using it as one. With the correct grip the laser is never blocked, which is often a problem for right handed shooters when the trigger finger in register blocks the beam.
    I guess you must shoot with a variety of "high thumb" grip?

My natural revolver grip with my left hand has my thumb down lower, and lets my thumb sometimes get in the way of the laser beam.
    (I don't often carry a J-frame, but when I do, it's as a single sidearm rather than as a BUG.)

User Tag List