Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Excellent pre-emptive draw

Excellent pre-emptive draw from AIWB

Excellent situational awareness and use of the pre-emptive draw from AIWB.
    He saw a potential threat and covertly drew his handgun in anticipation of trouble, and it probably saved his life.
    My only criticism is he should have either got in the vehicle faster or circled around the front of the vehicle as they walked around the back, keeping the vehicle between himself and them.
    He hesitated watching them and was almost cornered in his seat with the door open, bad place to be.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fbe_1427557181
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

agree with everything you said Jody. I am impressed with how casually he was able to draw without the threat noticing.

Does he draw from AIWB or does he retrieve it from the console of the car? It looks to me like his hand is empty when he gets in and then he does a little grab motion towards the console between :06-:08. That would definitely explain his eagerness to get into the car if that's where the gun was...
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Sure looks like he retrieves the handgun from the center console.

His lounge around shorts nearly got him killed in the streets.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

On a big screen, it looks like the gun was in the console. That's the only reason to get in the car when they are that close.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    That's the only reason to get in the car when they are that close.
    To me, locking yourself in a big, moving steel box seems like a pretty decent option. What else would you do in that situation? Take off on foot?

Stationary cars are bullet magnets if it gets to a gunfight.
    If you are driving keeping moving is good. If stationary you are confined.
    I would rather have gun on my person and stay out of the car.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lightning fast View Post
    To me, locking yourself in a big, moving steel box seems like a pretty decent option. What else would you do in that situation? Take off on foot?
    That steel box isn't moving yet and there's a lot of glass to shoot through. Using the car as a barrier or cover is generally the better option when they are on top of you like that.

Car was several steps from being able to move the protagonist in a safe direction; which still has risk given the use of ranged weapons by the others. It'd be even further from that if it had a manual transmission.

Cars at rest, slow speeds, or in traffic can be traps - impairing your mobility, fields of fire, field of fire, and force options far more then they may opponents on foot. They can also be remarkably vulnerable to projectiles and explosions, even when armored.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    On a big screen, it looks like the gun was in the console. That's the only reason to get in the car when they are that close.
    Maybe so. It sure looks like a draw from the right front waistband when the video starts (from watching other off duty Brazilian cop videos AIWB is popular).
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List