Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's a Smith 66-2 2.5-in. Fan?

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Well duh......80's high speed detective gun. 4" ers were for patrol folks, and when you went to dope, detectives, or off duty. That was one of those guns that said "serious gun person" . I have a beater that shoots great. I just scored the ultimate 66 yesterday.....the 3". I have been tryin to get one of these things for years. Yesterday's haul.....3" model 13, nickel model 38, and the 3" model 66-4. Yesterday was a good day.
    Outstanding.

Yikes! I tried to blank The Gauntlet from my mind many moons ago. Only thing by Clint I've seen that I didn't enjoy. Sondra was bodacious in it, though.

Any who, pulled the Gripper grips (screw pretty rusty) and S/N in butt is AER7897. The numerals 02351 are stamped on the yoke and bottom left side of gripframe.

The black stamped leather thumb-break rig is a Bucheimer B3W-52 which sports a weighted flap that slides IWB in lieu of belt loops. Kinda pre-paddle paddle...

Brain fade: basket weave stamping is on the holster.

Old school beater.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

That the Compac grip? Prolly take pics with the Grippers and the Magnas off my cherry 2-in. Model 15 tomorrow.

Does your cherry 2" 15 want to live at my house.....I am hoarding right now...:-)

Those are old Compacs. Used to be in my wife's 65, but a little big for my daughter so she got the Compacs with the open backstrap.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Well duh......80's high speed detective gun. 4" ers were for patrol folks, and when you went to dope, detectives, or off duty. That was one of those guns that said "serious gun person" . I have a beater that shoots great. I just scored the ultimate 66 yesterday.....the 3". I have been tryin to get one of these things for years. Yesterday's haul.....3" model 13, nickel model 38, and the 3" model 66-4. Yesterday was a good day.
    Nice scores!

Thanks for reminding me how old I am! There is just something about the look, and feel, of the 2 1/2" 66. I was able to buy my old LSP issue 2 1/2" for $19.00 when I retired......based on age depreciation. Wish I still had a fraction of the revolvers that left my hands over the years!

I've shared it before, but since you asked I'll share it again.

The previous owner added the tritium sights and had it magnaported. The trits are nice but I really could live without the extra holes in the barrel. Magnum loads are a real treat. It's a 66-no dash so I really wish it had been left stock. Then again, I would have paid more for it in that case. It does have a beautiful action job though, so that makes up for it. I added the Ahrend's.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

DB, will swap that M-15 2-in. For your beater 27-2 3.5 in. You know ya need it.

Trooper, wish the 66-2 at hand looked like yours.

Hadta do cop stuff today, tomorrow is RDO. Tryna bust some caps at The Ranch.

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    DB, will swap that M-15 2-in. For your beater 27-2 3.5 in. You know ya need it.

Trooper, wish the 66-2 at hand looked like yours.

Hadta do cop stuff today, tomorrow is RDO. Tryna bust some caps at The Ranch.
    Had the 27-2 out at the range today confirming the sight zero with Wayne....not a chance is it going anywhere.

User Tag List