Thread: Dale Fricke modded Archangel

Dale Fricke modded Archangel

Name:  20150311_223310.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  53.7 KB

Meant to do this for some time, but been busy. This is Dale's Archangel with installed adapters and a hard loop that he now offers on his site. A regular Archangel doesn't work for me at all, no grip tuck, rides too low, and I don't like soft loops. I asked him to raise the ride, trim the sweatshield, and send along his muzzle level wedge so I could attach in a way I saw fit. BTW, the way Dale does his wedge is superb, simple idea but superior to anything I've seen.
    The end result is a nice alternative to my wedged Shaggy, a little less colostomy bag effect, still less grip tuck but acceptable, and slightly faster, very different from the way the original performs. The mods are worth the look who want more concealment out of their Archangels.
    Last edited by YVK; 03-27-2015 at 06:03 PM.

I am anxiously awaiting my butt tuck adapter and wedge.

I'm excited for the AA for Beretta 92G with BTA to come in! I'm gonna have to see if he can get a hard loop added, too.

Just received my AA with Gta (extra tuck) and BTA (wedge). Very pleased so far with concealment and comfort. The wedge isn't quite as effective as the eidolon wing but it does a decent job. Not sure yet how the belt attachment makes a difference. Does the hard loop change the ride height (vs soft loops)?

Not to hijack the thread but I also modified my AA.

After receiving the new BTA, the holster still failed to fully tuck the butt of my VP9. So I replaced the BTA with the J-hook strut off a Comp-Tac 2 o'clock (which is more rigid and also higher than Fricke's BTA). Instead of putting the strut over the pants, you place it underneath them (like the BTA). The butt tucked in perfectly..

However, it drove the left side snap of the belt attachment strap to print ever so slightly. So I ordered a set of Shin Tac Stealth Ninja Loops to reduce printing. The results were amazing!

[IMG][/IMG]

Fricke is having a 15% off, Memorial Day sale.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List