Thread: High Visibility Front Sight to Pair with Warren Tactical Rear

High Visibility Front Sight to Pair with Warren Tactical Rear

I am about to purchase a new G17 and was having a problem choosing my sights.

I really like the Warren Tactical rear sight with the 2 dot (yellow) profile.

I also really like the ProGlo front sight from Ameriglo.

I was debating between the 3 dot Warren sights or the Spartan Tactical sights.

I looked and the Warren rear is .145 ( I think) and the ProGlo front is .140.

Would a .145 rear work with a .140 front or is that gonna be very odd looking sight picture?

I think the Warren rear is .245 height and the ProGlo offers a .220 and .240 front height sizes, which one would I choose if I prefer a 6 o'clock hold?

Does anybody have any suggestions on a high visibility front sight to pair with the Warren rear sight?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernHeat View Post
    I am about to purchase a new G17 and was having a problem choosing my sights.

I really like the Warren Tactical rear sight with the 2 dot (yellow) profile.

I also really like the ProGlo front sight from Ameriglo.

I was debating between the 3 dot Warren sights or the Spartan Tactical sights.

I looked and the Warren rear is .145 ( I think) and the ProGlo front is .140.

Would a .145 rear work with a .140 front or is that gonna be very odd looking sight picture?

I think the Warren rear is .245 height and the ProGlo offers a .220 and .240 front height sizes, which one would I choose if I prefer a 6 o'clock hold?

Does anybody have any suggestions on a high visibility front sight to pair with the Warren rear sight?

Thanks!
    I'd go 10-8 rear .156" wide with Pro Glo front. I went from Mepro to I-Dot Pros and settled on the I-Dot front (Pro Glo) and 10-8 rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    I'd go 10-8 rear .156" wide with Pro Glo front. I went from Mepro to I-Dot Pros and settled on the I-Dot front (Pro Glo) and 10-8 rear.
    I was really looking at the 10-8 (as obvious by the other thread I posted) but really like the 2 tritium yellow dots in the Warren and also like how the Warren has the wave profile, which gives me a little better view down range.

I think the true U notch of the 10-8 vs the rounded corners of the Warren makes the 10-8 look shallow to me in the sight picture also.

We are diminished
    I shot Warrens for years and still have them on some of my guns. My solution was simple application of paint and/or nail polish on the front sight. It may not be as durable and it may need to be cleaned off more frequently to provide stronger contrast, but really it was all the people painting Warren and similar front sights that led to so many companies producing ready made high visibility front sights to begin with...

Would love to see something like a thinner Trijicon HD front sight to pair with the Warren Rear.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Would love to see something like a thinner Trijicon HD front sight to pair with the Warren Rear.
    I was hoping the Ameriglo Thin Tritium would fit that bill, but from what I can see the Ameriglo would be too short.

Over the years, Warren rear sights have done more damage to my clothes than any other sight or thing I am aware of. Are they still sharpening them as part of the manufacturing process?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Over the years, Warren rear sights have done more damage to my clothes than any other sight or thing I am aware of. Are they still sharpening them as part of the manufacturing process?
    They probably hired Karl… cousin of Otto, the HK employee who sharpens the inside inner edge of the MP5 front sight hood.

I was thinking off picking up a set of Spartans or thin tritium and operator rear. Decisions decisions

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The reason that I'm not jumping on the Proctor Y-Notch sights is because I've had a set (sorta) for several years....

This resulted from filing all of the sharp edges off of my Warrens, both the outer and inner sharp edges. I'm super-fat....the first time I did any presentation drills after I installed the Warrens, my love handles looked like honey badger had been tearing into me.

User Tag List