Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Competition vs Carry sights

Is it bad to have sights that require different holds? I usually just put the middle of the dot where I want to hit. I recently got hds on my g19 and they shoot high using my normal sight picture. I found I have to use more of a 6 o clock hold with them.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    Is it bad to have sights that require different holds? I usually just put the middle of the dot where I want to hit. I recently got hds on my g19 and they shoot high using my normal sight picture. I found I have to use more of a 6 o clock hold with them.
    My experience with HDs has been mixed, but I still like them on my VP9.

On my M&P, they shot 3" high at 7 yds. I never did get a clear answer from Trijicon as to why. But it was pretty clear to me it was because of the yuge rear sight they paired it with on the M&P version.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post250315

On the VP9, shooting a 'center dot' hold seems to yield POI=POA, at least for me.

It can be. All else being equal, I'd rather have all of my sights hitting really close to the same POI as each other. Especially so if the sight picture is identical from one pistol to another.

Taller front sights, .230 and .245 are available (stock is .215).
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Taller front sights, .230 and .245 are available (stock is .215).
    Taller hd front sights?

Taller hd front sights?

Yes, at Optics Planet.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes, at Optics Planet.
    Thanks. I'm not sure what I'll do. I may give it some more time. I hate having to spend more money on sights since I just bought these.

Thanks. I'm not sure what I'll do. I may give it some more time. I hate having to spend more money on sights since I just bought these.
    It sucks, yes, but I'd rather have the sights zero'd properly when I need them to be instead of not when I might not remember that might sights don't point where I subconsciously think they should be pointing.

Have you contacted Trijicon? Not sure but they may work with you on this.
    "A man's character is his fate."

User Tag List