Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Glock connector stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Steve,

Factory "-" and standard coil spring. Just saying. I absolutely hate the NY spring. IMO, it sucks all of the goodness right out of a Glock.
    This.

I have NY1 springs in all of my gen 3 Glocks. I prefer them.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Having done triggers on several hundred Glocks a total of 2 wanted a NY 1 trigger spring installed. Some like them but most do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    The housing is different between the gen 3s and 4s, perhaps that's where the issue is?
    I'm thinking this is the answer.

In any event, after my relay at retiree quals this morning (using one of my Gen3 Bowies with an RDS), I took the new Gen4, with the issue parts back in place, over to the steel range and burned through 200 rounds on plates and poppers. At the end, the trigger had cleaned up a noticeable amount, and is satisfactory for my intended use of the pistol… as a stash gun in the get-home bag in case my primary-carry RDS G19 goes down.

Many thanks for the comments/observations; apparently, there are a lot more differences between Gen3 and Gen4 pistols than meets the eye…

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Steve,

Factory "-" and standard coil spring. Just saying. I absolutely hate the NY spring. IMO, it sucks all of the goodness right out of a Glock.
    Disagree. All three of my Gen3 Bowies have the NY1/minus connector combo, and are eminently shootable. In all our time on the range, the only part I have ever seen break on a Glock more than once is that itty-bitty coil trigger spring… including one of mine. That bothers me; hence the NY1 combo on my carry iron. I put the same combo in that BRPD G17 turn-in I bought last year, for a house gun, and it is a decent shooter as well… and interestingly, ditto for the Gen4 FDE frame G26 I bought on a whim last year. While I have only put 500 or so rounds through that one, like the guy said as he passed the 40th floor… so far, so good.

At any rate… you need to put my OST slide/RMR combo on one of your G19s (your barrel), and see if you like it compared to the Glock offering. I'm hearing those use a plastic adapter plate that is… shall we say… less than durable.

Jm
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Likely. The first GEN four I got my hands on was a GEN 4 26 purchased prior to the Dot connectors coming into use. The trigger was HORRIBLE.

I know all the Glock internals are all supposed to be the same, however I've heard way too many problems with Gen 4 Glock 19s. Not just early ones like the bad 19s Nyeti and Ken Hackathorn had but recent vintage as well. i've seen at least one other used Gen 4 19 with the same issue as Psalms 144's Gen 4 19, the rear of the slide visibly rising as the trigger is pulled.

I know people say "Glocks is Glocks yo" but I prefer to purchase from the bigger blue label dealers so I can go through and select from among a few guns and I will no longer purchase a Glock without having to dry fired it.

FWIW the newer Glock coil trigger springs on the newer trigger bars are much more reliable than old coil springs on the older bars.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    FWIW the newer Glock coil trigger springs on the newer trigger bars are much more reliable than old coil springs on the older bars.

That's what I hear. Still, IMO its the gun's weak point.

Frank W. sees more than 500,000 rounds fired by Glocks yearly. I will have to ask him how many trigger springs he has seen break in the past 5 years.
    I helped out with several C A R T A Classes at "your official range" where more than 100,000 rounds were fired from Glocks in a week and never saw a spring break.

Site Supporter
    Sorry to bring up a 3 month old thread. Is the 9mm gen 4 frames smaller or different internally enough that a factory minus connecter rubs on something? Is it possible that the gen 4 45 auto guns have a larger frame and therefore more space for parts to move freely? Is the dot connector rather than the minus connector the better choice for a gen 4 glock?

User Tag List