Thread: Rem 1100 screw in choke

Rem 1100 screw in choke

Just picked up a police trade in remington 1100 with ribbed barrel. The guy at the counter told me the barrel had been cut off with a hacksaw. I thought he was joking. There is a burr on the inside of the barrel that could cut you. I'm wondering if this has ever been shot. Anyway I thought it might be a good idea to get a screw in choke installed. I know zip about this. I would like to be able to shoot slugs through this as well. Any recommendations on where to send it?

Not to me:-)

haha
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Not to me:-)

Site Supporter
    You may want to do some price comparisons. It may be cheaper to simply get an aftermarket or used replacement barrel already cut for screw-in choke tubes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You may want to do some price comparisons. It may be cheaper to simply get an aftermarket or used replacement barrel already cut for screw-in choke tubes.
    This.

Or just knock the burr off with a needle file/emery board/sandpaper and see how it shoots. If that doesn't work, you're still not any worse off than where you started.

I've found a guy who does chokes. His price is a hundred bucks aprox to install choke and a fiber optic front sight including the price of the choke and shipping. 2-3 weeks turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    This.

Or just knock the burr off with a needle file/emery board/sandpaper and see how it shoots. If that doesn't work, you're still not any worse off than where you started.

User Tag List