Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S3F Solutions barrel: Mathematically perfect?

I would be more impressed if the reviewer knew the difference between rifling profile ("polygonal") and rifling method (broached.)
    And I await reports that Kart, Bartlein, etc. are turning out successful "polygonal" barrels for target pistols and rifles.

I have about gotten over my sophomore geometry class in which I was told that a Polygon is a geometric figure bounded by straight line segments.

If you are going to review a replacement barrels at the bare minimum prove it to me. Use a known good load like ASYM, AA&A Bianchi Loads, or similar. Mount the gun in a ransom rest with a stock barrel (or competitor) shoot it record results with no called flyers. Repeat with your barrel and report the results.

I don't want to see practical accuracy when we are talking about barrel replacement, I want to see mechanical ransom reset accuracy.

If you can't do that, you shouldn't be claiming to "review" a replacement barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I would be more impressed if the reviewer knew the difference between rifling profile ("polygonal") and rifling method (broached.)
    And I await reports that Kart, Bartlein, etc. are turning out successful "polygonal" barrels for target pistols and rifles.

I have about gotten over my sophomore geometry class in which I was told that a Polygon is a geometric figure bounded by straight line segments.
    Schneider and Pac-Nor manufacture rifle barrels with polygonal rifling. They are, by most accounts, very accurate. Whether they are any more accurate than conventional barrels is a matter of some debate, of course.

As for this Glock barrel, well, if it's not fitted to the gun, I wouldn't expect it to be any more accurate than the factory barrel.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

User Tag List