Thread: Steel Challenge IDPA Division

Steel Challenge IDPA Division

Is this division further broken down into the respective IDPA divisions?

Quote Originally Posted by jlweems View Post
    Is this division further broken down into the respective IDPA divisions?
    http://www.tscrsteel.com/index.php/d...terfire-pistol

Iron Sight

Stepping down from the Open race division is Iron Sight. Sights must be of a notch and post design typical to most pistols althrough fiber inserts are specifically allowed. Unlike Open, compensators and barrel porting is not allowed in this division. This is the Division for those competitors that usually shoot in USPSA Limited/Limited10/Single Stack or in IDPA ESP/CDP. Single action triggers area allowed so Single Stack 1911 style guns typically compete in this division. Holsters may be of a race style but must, like Open, cover the entire trigger guard prenting access to the trigger when holstered. The holster may be worn in any safe position on the competitor's belt.
    bold emphasis added by me

Wheeler
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I am not sure they are in compliance with the rule book as it mentions an IDPA division.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I saw the thread on FB regarding that. They appear to be just starting a club, which always has growing pains. For the opportunity to shoot steel I think it would be worth it to go and help support while they work out the bugs.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Steel Challenge officially recognizes and sanctions the following divisions:

Open
    Iron Sight (Limited)
    USPSA Production
    Optical Sight Revolver
    Iron Sight Revolver
    IDPA ESP
    IDPA CDP
    IDPA SSP

The IDPA divisions are all scored separately, just like they would be at an IDPA match. There's been some noise about combining them into a single division, but as of yet that hasn't happened. I'm actually down in Piru right now, I'm shooting IDPA ESP and Production this year, so it should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Steel Challenge officially recognizes and sanctions the following divisions:

Open
    Iron Sight (Limited)
    USPSA Production
    Optical Sight Revolver
    Iron Sight Revolver
    IDPA ESP
    IDPA CDP
    IDPA SSP

The IDPA divisions are all scored separately, just like they would be at an IDPA match. There's been some noise about combining them into a single division, but as of yet that hasn't happened. I'm actually down in Piru right now, I'm shooting IDPA ESP and Production this year, so it should be fun!
    Cool. I may have to give this a try.

The only "IDPA" thing about it is that you can't have an inner/outer belt set-up like you would for USPSA. That's really it.

User Tag List