Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger GP-100 Match Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Word is that Novak's is working on a replacement sight that is adjudtable.
    Haven't they been saying that since the gun came out? I mean, I know that there are literally 10s of us waiting for it, come on Novak!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Haven't they been saying that since the gun came out? I mean, I know that there are literally 10s of us waiting for it, come on Novak!
    Doesn't rugers new adjustable rear sight version make it kind of a moot point?
    Last edited by HCM; 03-24-2015 at 10:24 AM.

Site Supporter
    Okay, here's my Ruger match champion story.

Our agency uses a local multi agency law-enforcement range owned by the county. About 6 months ago, the range master, a retired copper, picked up a match champion for the mandatory revolver portion of our state CHL instructor course. He informed me that he was not a revolver fan and asked if I was interested in buying the match champion when he finished his course. Suffice it to say, after putting up few hundred rounds through it Mr. "I'm not a revolver fan "decided to keep the gun.

If you can get one for $600, I would grab it and run.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Doesn't rugers new adjustable rear sight version make it kind of a moot point?
    I'd actually prefer an adjustable Novak, because the notch is wider and better suited for that fatty FO up front.

Just purchased a new GP100 MC for much more than $600. Torn ligament in elbow and surgery scheduled on both eyes so I may not get to shoot it for a while.

I'd actually prefer an adjustable Novak, because the notch is wider and better suited for that fatty FO up front.
    Can the notch of an adjustable GP-100 rear sight be widened? I had that done on my wife's S&W 686 and it helped significantly with rapid front sight acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    Can the notch of an adjustable GP-100 rear sight be widened? I had that done on my wife's S&W 686 and it helped significantly with rapid front sight acquisition.
    Probably, if it's the same rear notch as on my non-MC GP100. The problem is then you're dealing with files and a bunch of silly shit when you could just have the part you want.

The adjustable sight Match Champion looks really out of place with that factory Ruger in the rear. It needs a Bowen Rough Country instead.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Just purchased a new GP100 MC for much more than $600. Torn ligament in elbow and surgery scheduled on both eyes so I may not get to shoot it for a while.
    That sucks. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

User Tag List