Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger GP-100 Match Champion

Ruger GP-100 Match Champion

I came across a Match Champion at the gun show today.
    I was initially looking at the GP 100 standard, but the MC looked real nice.
    Does anybody know anything about this gun?
    It seemed reasonably priced around $600.

Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    I came across a Match Champion at the gun show today.
    I was initially looking at the GP 100 standard, but the MC looked real nice.
    Does anybody know anything about this gun?
    It seemed reasonably priced around $600.

Archer
    $600 is a good price. They are nice guns. Love the Novak rear. Not a fan of the fiber optic front. I have a pair of the blued 3" versions with gold bead fronts.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Does the MC come in 3 inch, or are yours GP 100 standard?

Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Does the MC come in 3 inch, or are yours GP 100 standard?

Archer
    They are the 2nd version of the Talo exclusive Wiley Clapp editions.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I have shot many bullets through a Match Champion. They're awesome. For 600 bucks buy it now.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    The Match Champion is the best revolver in its price range, hands down. Its a value at $600. Good sights, factory slicked action, good looking gun, and comfortable to shoot. I wasn't sold on the grip from looking at it, but shooting it made me a believer.

There are only two versions, both are 4.25" barrels. The only difference is the original is fixed rear sight, the new version is adjustable sight. I was the first kid on my block to buy one when they first came out.

I also have a Wiley Clapp 3", and they are similar but not exactly the same. Its tough to pick a favorite. They are both excellent revolvers. I find myself shooting the MC more at the range, though.

I actually sold my Wiley Clapp GP100, it didn't really offer any advantages in concealability over a 4 inch gun, and I prefer the FO from on the MC. I do wish I had one of the adjustable sighted Match Champions though, because those are just great.

I am delighted with mine. The adjustable sight version was announced after I got it but the fixed sights are well regulated.
    After several months of shooting and dry practice, the double action pull averages 8 pounds 13 ounces.
    It is very comfortable to shoot with magnum ammunition, even 158s.
    Go for it.

Shumba

Word is that Novak's is working on a replacement sight that is adjudtable.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

That is great news.
    Shumba

User Tag List