Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Glock Triggers Redux -- Archer Edition

Does anyone have experience with the Royal Arms triggers? They claim they have been making triggers for the "big three" for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fast8 View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the Royal Arms triggers? They claim they have been making triggers for the "big three" for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vanek and Zev are the 2 best known competition Glock triggers available and both are made "In House".

Just got my ZEV "Professional" non-adjustable trigger (formerly known as the non-adjustable Fulcrum "Duty") yesterday and ran 150rds thru my Gen4 G17 with it installed. It didn't change the weight of my trigger pull at all (4lb 6oz). The "Professional" is a machined aluminum trigger shoe installed on a polished Gen3 trigger bar. I already had a polished Gen3 trigger bar that came with my Guardian trigger kit from GlockTriggers.com.

Can't say it seems to have made too much of a difference in the trigger pull overall but I am really digging the feel of the wider, flat face of the ZEV trigger shoe. The reset seems a bit more "precise" if that makes sense?

The more I dry fire it, the more refined the pull/break feels compared to the stock plastic trigger. Probably due to the trigger shoe being metal and eliminating most, if not all of the flex.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Yeah I'm not paying $150 for a polished trigger bar.
    Ok. We all are willing to pay money for different things. I have at least $2500 into my "primary" (lol) carbine that I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999% sure I'll never really use. But I have it and I like it and I practice with it.

For as much as I use my handgun and for how much better the Vogel trigger is, I easily justify $150 one time. Actually twice because I have one in my Glock 34.

I have no issues with how people spend their money and what makes them happy. As mentioned above I have doo dads upon doo dads that I have gone through over the years. Heck I have multiples upon multiples of the same weapon make and calibers. I don't even want to start talking M4's here and doo dads, so Glock doo dads are small in the big picture.

Having said that, quite some time back discussing this Glock trigger topic in certain circles, it was mused that making a drop in kit that was pre-mirror polished (the entire set of components) would sell like mad. Yep, just another woulda, shoulda, coulda.

Site Supporter
    200 rounds through a brand new FDE Gen4 G17 today. Factory - connector with a Wolf 5LB striker spring. The reduced power striker spring was 100% with a mix of Speer Lawman and Freedom Munitions 124gr ball. I really like the feel of the trigger with the spring in it. Need to get more rounds through it then test on out in my carry gun.

Has anyone messed with an OC Custom Trigger with adjustable pre-travel?

I still have about 700 more rounds to put through my 19 before I do any more changes, but it is on my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    Has anyone messed with an OC Custom Trigger with adjustable pre-travel?

I still have about 700 more rounds to put through my 19 before I do any more changes, but it is on my radar.

I have an OC trigger but I prefer the DK Custom Trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I have an OC trigger but I prefer the DK Custom Trigger.
    Did you just buy the trigger bar or the whole kit?

Currently running a minus connector with a Gen 3 smooth trigger bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    Did you just buy the trigger bar or the whole kit?

Currently running a minus connector with a Gen 3 smooth trigger bar.
    Since I have dozens of connectors, springs, etc. I only purchased the trigger/trigger bar. I prefer the break and reset of the DK trigger. Using different trigger bars (12) with the same connectors and springs I find the Joe D. Conversion to have the lightest trigger pull weight followed by the Vanek. As far as pre travel, over travel, break and reset I prefer the DK followed by the LWD for a range gun.
    Not all shooters like the same sights or triggers.

User Tag List