Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Triggers Redux -- Archer Edition

Site Supporter
    Disregard - I didn't see the followups from other Staff.
    Last edited by JV_; 03-22-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    Could someone with the ability to do so please just ban the guy so we can all move on and stay on topic? Please?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Same thing happened with my Glock 21. Ignition failures every 3rd round were pretty common (I handload and used crappy primers because I'm cheep).
    The large pistol primers have a deeper indent requirement than small pistol primers. I used to know it off the top of my head but I'm sure you could find it on the SAAMI website.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    Absolutely untrue.
    Yeah, this. JSGlock34 did a pretty good job of providing a highly relevant example, even if the part in question is no longer being used (to the best of my knowledge).

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Todd - wow, just wow. To your questions - I stopped using my Ghost EVO largely because there was a consensus on the Interwebz group mind that they somehow compromised reliability.
    I'd not heard that yet. If there are links you recall or anyone else has experience to that effect, I'd be genuinely interested to learn more.

With that preface, I'd LOVE to hear from someone who had a failure linked to a 3rd Gen trigger bar in a Gen4 pistol. I've been carrying mine that way for a while with nary an hint of trouble, but, if there's a possibility of the combination somehow leading to an ND, a Gen4 G17 trigger & bar is cheap insurance...
    I don't know that it's happened. But the reduction in contact surface between the trigger bar and striker is easily demonstrable and creates a potential. Glock has produced more than one batch of striker blocks that had their chrome plating start to shave off and resulted in stuck blocks that allowed the striker to move forward without a trigger press. Other times the striker block got stuck in the "block" position and the guns wouldn't be capable of being fired. A very senior Glock executive quit the company many years ago when his son, a New Orleans police officer at the time, was almost killed when his issued Glock suffered that exact malfunction.

MY experience was the EVO with stock striker spring was too light for serious carry
    Years ago when SLG and I wrote the rules for KSTG we set the legal limit for first trigger pull at 4# and even that we thought was too low. Now due to my arm & hand strength my attitude about what is light and heavy has changed a bit.

Ghost EVO + NY1 trigger spring
    IME, the NY1 spring in gen4 Glocks is just horrible no matter what you do. I used to love -/NY1 in gen3 Glocks but it's just miserable beyond description in the gen4.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    ... know Todd is looking for particular trigger characteristics ...
    Yeah, as I said above, what I can make work well now isn't what I could make work well five years ago. That's on me, but still the reality and if I can find a magic solution to make my Glock trigger deliver manna then I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    This is a combo I am interested in. I have no qualms about dropping $150-$200 a kit but when we spread that out over 5 Glocks that I have set up for various things...

Did you buy any of the GlockTriggers kits?
    Your attitude mirrors mine. Even if I assume I'll never use my 17/T again, I've got four Glocks that I'd want identically set up: my training G19, my carry G19, my NPE-ish G26, and my nightstand G17. Spending $600 just to make the triggers a little nicer is something I can't wrap my head around. Spending $500 to get the sights I want on all those guns didn't make me blink, though, so maybe because: illogical.

It looked to me like a lot of the Glocktrigger.com kits are using the LWD 3.5 connector. While it may have been a fluke, mine broke and my confidence in them is low. Having a lot of square cuts on a thin piece of steel that is constantly being bent seems counter-intuitive.

It looks like my first step will be the EVO Elite, Apex striker block, and some Flitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Could someone with the ability to do so please just ban the guy so we can all move on and stay on topic? Please?
    This.

The guy's dick is already flatter than Keanu Reeve's acting.

Todd, I'm going to find out *exactly* what's in the Zev kitted G17 I tried. I'm pretty sure it would fit the bill.

As an aside, regarding connector durability; what's to stop someone from replacing ghost connectors along with springs? They're hardly any more expensive; if they get replaced regularly, that might alleviate some concerns about long-term durability, so long as the pins are punched out anyways.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 03-22-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Many, possibly a majority of the aftermarket triggers for Glocks use the LWD connectors.

Site Supporter
    I've found a - connector and a little polish to be pretty good in my Gen4's. I'll probably play around with a 5LB striker spring in my training gun to see how it feel's. The Guardian or a ZEV would be my aftermarket choices, however, like Todd i'd be looking at $600 plus (better spent on ammo). I would like to try one of the ZEV trigger bar's though (all metal, flatter faced trigger, could be plated in a NiB type plating).

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Glock has produced more than one batch of striker blocks that had their chrome plating start to shave off and resulted in stuck blocks that allowed the striker to move forward without a trigger press. Other times the striker block got stuck in the "block" position and the guns wouldn't be capable of being fired. A very senior Glock executive quit the company many years ago when his son, a New Orleans police officer at the time, was almost killed when his issued Glock suffered that exact malfunction.
    Todd,
    I've been using the Apex part in my Gen 4 Glocks and it's removed some of the grit from the trigger for a smoother take up. Might be worth examining when you pick up your new 19's next week.

Could all the various buffet style trigger enhancements be completely ignored if someone went with a tune like what DB has had done to his Glocks? I really don't remember or understand the vodoo of it, but I think I remember that it used all OEM glock parts and then varied the profile of various internals?

Or, is it the ability to mix and match that gives the benefit and the ability to change try and change again? Admittedly, my experience is severely limited to stock Gen 3 and Gen 4, with OEM "-" or dot connectors and NY1 springs.

apologies for feeding the troll earlier. John Hearne would say that I slipped into the emotional realm..Must do more "dry practice" (see DB I was listening) on reading trolling like posts.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Todd,
    I've been using the Apex part in my Gen 4 Glocks and it's removed some of the grit from the trigger for a smoother take up. Might be worth examining when you pick up your new 19's next week.
    Or contact Apex Tactical and see if they have a trigger kit for you to T&E

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The large pistol primers have a deeper indent requirement than small pistol primers. I used to know it off the top of my head but I'm sure you could find it on the SAAMI website.
    This is why I read this forum. Thanks for the info!

User Tag List