Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Triggers Redux -- Archer Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Sportster883 View Post
    We will focus closer on the GWOT guys because it's the only era where glocks are actually used and they are the topic of this subject. In every instance the Glock is used in the GWOT the trigger system is stock.
    Absolutely untrue.
    C Class shooter.

Site Supporter
    Lol.

so let's review some recent history, Cold War history and great war history. We will include police aswell.

Let's start out on the civilian side with the police. Any era. Who here as police used anything other than a stock trigger for police work? Who here in the Cold War in military service used any trigger system other than OEM? Who here in the GWOT used anything other than factory supplied trigger parts? See where this is going yet? The greatest number of people among you when you go to Walmart with actual experience is the GWOT era guys followed by a much lower number of civilian police, followed by Cold War era guys then Great War individuals pushing a century in age.
    I should just stop reading...this shit gives me a migraine.

In every instance the Glock is used in the GWOT the trigger system is stock. So the question remains if it is perfect for that situation, who is it that uses these triggers where it takes out the first stage and puts it right at the reset point people are talking about?
    One does not necessarily follow from the other. There are a million variables about why 'stock glocks' stay stock and are not modified in institutional service.

So if the stock system is what the real professionals use and they more likely than not come home, why are these uber triggers being touted as being the best? Is it because they were used by the poster in actual experience?
    Just because there are folks who have 8 second mustangs (hobbyist) with heavily modified cylinder heads, doesn't mean every fleet manager (professional) should run out and modify their f-150's 5.0 engine. period.

I'd love to hear about how nice it was to take showers everyday.
    Your obsession with his showers is starting to creep me out.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Same thing happened with my Glock 21. Ignition failures every 3rd round were pretty common (I handload and used crappy primers because I'm cheep). I took it out of the gun and found the weight difference wasn't super huge. If running a lighter striker spring however, I'd recommend a lightened striker.
    Ignoring the troll, focusing on content.

Once I start running lightened strikers and springs in a Glock, I treat its ammo selection like a game revolver. Federal primers only, and if I'm really being cautious I'll crush fit 'em.

I used the lightest 4# spring that came with my Vogel trigger first - I had a couple of light primer strikes. I changed to the 4.5# and got my reliability and also liked the trigger characteristics better.

There's that whole "validate it with a few thousand rounds before you call it GTG to protect life" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    gen4 trigger bar because as I understand it, the gen3 bar doesn't have as much engagement with the striker in a gen4 gun and that can cause a certain level of concern because: appendix.

stock striker spring weight because I don't want to compromise reliability just to get a lighter trigger pull even though, at this point, a lighter trigger pull is closer to "need" than "want" in my case.
    Todd - wow, just wow. To your questions - I stopped using my Ghost EVO largely because there was a consensus on the Interwebz group mind that they somehow compromised reliability. YMMV, of course, and your shooting volume FAR outweighs mine nowadays - more's the pity. With that preface, I'd LOVE to hear from someone who had a failure linked to a 3rd Gen trigger bar in a Gen4 pistol. I've been carrying mine that way for a while with nary an hint of trouble, but, if there's a possibility of the combination somehow leading to an ND, a Gen4 G17 trigger & bar is cheap insurance...

MY experience was the EVO with stock striker spring was too light for serious carry - but I'm a super conservative dinosaur on that issue, and I know tons of guys who I'd GLADLY take with me to a gunfight who are perfectly OK with the "-" connector and everything this else stock, which is generally the same. I ran my EVO through about 1,000 rounds with the stock striker with no issues whatsoever, before converting to the Ghost 6# striker spring to bring the trigger pull weight back to what I thought was "acceptable"

Ghost EVO + NY1 trigger spring in my Glock felt like kitten, horribly rotten, reeking kitten, AND led to a variety of reset issues. Never got past a couple hours of dry fire in my pistol...

Hope this helps a little!

Lol.

so let's review some recent history, Cold War history and great war history. We will include police aswell.

Let's start out on the civilian side with the police. Any era. Who here as police used anything other than a stock trigger for police work? Who here in the Cold War in military service used any trigger system other than OEM? Who here in the GWOT used anything other than factory supplied trigger parts? See where this is going yet? The greatest number of people among you when you go to Walmart with actual experience is the GWOT era guys followed by a much lower number of civilian police, followed by Cold War era guys then Great War individuals pushing a century in age.

We will focus closer on the GWOT guys because it's the only era where glocks are actually used and they are the topic of this subject. In every instance the Glock is used in the GWOT the trigger system is stock. So the question remains if it is perfect for that situation, who is it that uses these triggers where it takes out the first stage and puts it right at the reset point people are talking about? You or anyone else can not argue, it's only on the Internet from what I've seen. So if the stock system is what the real professionals use and they more likely than not come home, why are these uber triggers being touted as being the best? Is it because they were used by the poster in actual experience? I doubt that. Military and cops use the stock systems and in most cases the police use heavier harder breaking trigger systems, but they seem to be doing fine.

The only people touting these super light super smooth triggers are first the guys shooting games where speed and ultimate accuracy is the game. Followed by the guys on the Internet.

Just saying ninja stuff like these triggers make me lol. Just learn to use the stock system. It has proven over and over by the professionals it works best or they would be using these aftermarket gadgets too.

So maybe we do need to talk about them flip flops. I'd love to hear about how nice it was to take showers everyday.
    Sean invited you to review his 'About Me' page. There, I hot linked it for you. While we're at it, here's Todd's. As Tom pointed out, you're new here, so I thought I'd introduce you to the folks you're conversing with. There may still be time for a course correction, but I'd say it is running out.

Military and police only use stock triggers? Like this, OEM from Glock?

Don't confuse Todd's current personal needs with the requirements of a standard issue firearm.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    Absolutely untrue.
    PATENTLY untrue - speaking from personal experience carrying an ISSUED G19 for nearly 5 years both CONUS and in both major conflict areas - we CONSTANTLY jacked around with trigger components looking for the "sweet spot."

I will grant you, what we found was on our (3rd Gen) pistols, factory OEM with judicious polishing was plenty good for our needs, so we ended up with a lot of trigger components in boxes before all was said and done - same with NS, slide stops, magazine releases, not to mention holsters, magazine pouches, etc.

And, just to rub salt in the wounds, we bought every member of the team five new pistol magazines every December, and all the "old" magazines went into the "range bin" for training use only. Probably would have been more fiscally responsible just to buy new magazine springs, but, with our opstempo we didn't have a lot of time to sit around checking feed lips, followers, baseplates, etc...

And, we weren't all that "special." I had the privilege of working along side some no BS operators from SMUs during our time in various "boxes," I've played with plenty of their pistols, to include G22s, and, those are NOT stock triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I used the lightest 4# spring that came with my Vogel trigger first - I had a couple of light primer strikes. I changed to the 4.5# and got my reliability and also liked the trigger characteristics better.

There's that whole "validate it with a few thousand rounds before you call it GTG to protect life" thing.
    Hell, I like to validate my gear setups before I go to major matches. My experience with the light strikes at Steel Challenge is exactly why I do that. I'll never understand people who do major changes to their gun then just toss it in a holster like they're ready to party.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Hell, I like to validate my gear setups before I go to major matches. My experience with the light strikes at Steel Challenge is exactly why I do that. I'll never understand people who do major changes to their gun then just toss it in a holster like they're ready to party.
    Exactly. Who the hell would shoot a major match with unvalidated equipment? Who the hell would throw their CCW in their holster without validating it? Someone with no sense.

User Tag List