Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Triggers Redux -- Archer Edition

We are diminished

Glock Triggers Redux -- Archer Edition

Experiences with Zev or Glocktriggers or TTI or similar?

As much as I appreciate the reason and responsibility behind OEM Glock trigger parts, the actual trigger pull weight on a gen4 with dot connector is challenging for me at this point. At the same time, I'm not willing to compromise things like the striker spring weight or the use of a gen4 trigger bar. Neither am I necessarily looking to outfit all of my guns with $150+ trigger setups for a minor improvement.

I've got a Ghost Evo Elite connector on the way to dabble.

To paraphrase Archer: not necessarily a true 4# Glock trigger, but not necessarily not a 4# Glock trigger. I mean, I'd really like a 4# Glock trigger. Man, if I don't get a true 4# Glock trigger I might literally die.

I use a Glocktriggers Vogel Competition Trigger System utilizing the 4.5 lb. trigger spring. It's like using the "-" connector in conjunction with the NY1 spring, except an order of magnitude smoother and lighter. A true rolling break you might say... with constant trigger pressure applied a constant trigger speed is achieved.

I grew up on stock Glock triggers, but this is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I use a Glocktriggers Vogel Competition Trigger System utilizing the 4.5 lb. trigger spring. It's like using the "-" connector in conjunction with the NY1 spring, except an order of magnitude smoother and lighter. A true rolling break you might say... with constant trigger pressure applied a constant trigger speed is achieved.

Interesting....
    #RESIST

I went with the trigger from DK Custom in my 34. Pre-travel is gone, and the trigger breaks at 3lb even. Comes with 2 striker springs, 4# installed. The other one is a 4.5#. I also installed one in my 19 using the heavier spring. Trigger breaks at 3.5. Both have been reliable and great to shoot.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I understand your personal need, Todd, but for others: are they really worth $150? Do they accomplish something that a simple polishing of the existing parts cannot?

I am intrigued by the idea, but it is really hard to justify spending 3/4 the value of a case of 9mm on what look to me just like regular ol' glock parts that have been polished up and fitted with lighter springs (which Wolff could probably sell me for much less...)

I do too, in several game oriented Glocks. Great trigger. Their website, though, designates this trigger as "FOR COMPETITION USE ONLY."

I would just start with a minus connector and five pound striker spring. That striker spring makes a big difference in my pistols and has been 100 percent reliable with all ammo I have tried. If that didn't satisfy the OP, I would go to a Glocktriggers "Guardian," which is recommended for carry, and also use a five pound striker spring.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I understand your personal need, Todd, but for others: are they really worth $150? Do they accomplish something that a simple polishing of the existing parts cannot?

I am intrigued by the idea, but it is really hard to justify spending 3/4 the value of a case of 9mm on what look to me just like regular ol' glock parts that have been polished up and fitted with lighter springs (which Wolff could probably sell me for much less...)
    I have spent so much money on so much shit over the years, $150 on a trigger upgrade doesn't seem like a big deal. How much does a good sights upgrade cost? A good holster and mag carrier?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have spent so much money on so much shit over the years, $150 on a trigger upgrade doesn't seem like a big deal. How much does a good sights upgrade cost? A good holster and mag carrier?
    A fair rebuttal. I am not sure I am where you are in my shooting "career" to justify that sort of expense just yet, but in time....

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I do too, in several game oriented Glocks. Great trigger. Their website, though, designates this trigger as "FOR COMPETITION USE ONLY."
    I'm aware of that.

I use a Super 3Gun trigger on my carbine, too.

Will it get me killed in a gunfight? We can sticky my obituary in Romper Room.

I'm aware of that.

I use a Super 3Gun trigger on my carbine, too.

Will it get me killed in a gunfight? We can sticky my obituary in Romper Room.

I was just pointing it out, since they have it in all capital letters on their website. I notice so little difference between the Vogel and Guardian, that I run the Guardian in my carry guns to follow Glocktriggers.com's recommendation. After messing with the Vanek, Vogel and Guardian, my wife and I both feel that a 5 pound striker spring actually has more benefit than any of the fancy triggers. That striker spring and a minus, is the best bang for the buck, in improving a Glock trigger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List