Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Glock Triggers Redux -- Archer Edition

We are diminished
    To all the folks saying they might give a TT connector a try based on my subjective evaluation of one part in one gun: give me the weekend and I'll put one in an otherwise stock gun. I'll measure the weight change and also see if it gives the same qualitative change in trigger feel.

I'd hate folks to go out and spend money on the connector (and shipping, which is probably half as much as the connector itself) just to find out that mine was the fluke.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    To all the folks saying they might give a TT connector a try based on my subjective evaluation of one part in one gun: give me the weekend and I'll put one in an otherwise stock gun. I'll measure the weight change and also see if it gives the same qualitative change in trigger feel.

I'd hate folks to go out and spend money on the connector (and shipping, which is probably half as much as the connector itself) just to find out that mine was the fluke.
    Much appreciated!

One of the things that specifically drew my eye to the TT connector is the fact that it doesn't have any stress risers built in to the part, at least not from looking at the pics on the website
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

What I did discover today is just how much the measuring spot matters.

Trigger pull weight as measured from center of trigger is five pounds eight ounces. Measured from the tip of the trigger it weighs three pounds ten ounces. Changing the measuring spot reduced the trigger pull "weight" by almost two whole pounds.
    Todd, I usually take my Glock trigger pull measurements from two places. One is from the pin showing from the left side where the trigger safety pivots and the other is from the very bottom of the trigger with my gauge almost dragging on the inside of the trigger guard. I record both readings as a reference.

I have often wondered about the low trigger pull readings I read about on the internet. I think some of them have been taken from the bottom of the trigger rather than from the center.

That would be awesome Todd.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    One of the things that specifically drew my eye to the TT connector is the fact that it doesn't have any stress risers built in to the part, at least not from looking at the pics on the website
    Same thoughts here. My Zev connector sitting in front of me has less meat at points than the LWD that broke on Todd.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Todd, I usually take my Glock trigger pull measurements from two places. One is from the pin showing from the left side where the trigger safety pivots and the other is from the very bottom of the trigger with my gauge almost dragging on the inside of the trigger guard. I record both readings as a reference.

I have often wondered about the low trigger pull readings I read about on the internet. I think some of them have been taken from the bottom of the trigger rather than from the center.

You are absolutely correct. I have seen them as low as 1# 6 oz. near the bottom but the weight increases approximately 16 oz. where the center of my finger rides on the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Same thoughts here. My Zev connector sitting in front of me has less meat at points than the LWD that broke on Todd.
    Same applies to other connectors as well. They are trying to reduce friction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I use a Glocktriggers Vogel Competition Trigger System utilizing the 4.5 lb. trigger spring. It's like using the "-" connector in conjunction with the NY1 spring, except an order of magnitude smoother and lighter. A true rolling break you might say... with constant trigger pressure applied a constant trigger speed is achieved.

I grew up on stock Glock triggers, but this is nice.
    Gonna buy one of these kits. Sounds like it checks all the boxes. Stock parts, feels good, smooth as hell, and no fiddle farting is needed. Buy parts, install, parts, shoot gun, repeat.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Yeah I'm not paying $150 for a polished trigger bar.

User Tag List