Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Triggers Redux -- Archer Edition

I've got some black ones and white ones without coil springs, circa 1992. Don't remember which one is worse, but both of them make an egregiously HARD trigger pull.

IIRC, the white one was the infamous original "New York trigger spring", made expressly for NYPD... who thought they could manage their negligent discharge problem with gear instead of training. Pretty much the same administrator "logic" that saw LAPD remove the single action capability from their issue revolvers in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Not often I like to give up a good secret stash, but there are lots of good folks & good info here. For the guys (like me) who like the old style NY-1 w/o the coil spring, Numrich / Gun Parts Corp still has a slew of them. Make sure you order the right one as they stock both styles.
    Dude. Thanks for this.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Gabe,

I'm gonna back off my previous regarding the striker springs. I dug up some notes and realized I was also testing a "semi-fit" match barrel in my G17 which seemed to contribute to the light primer strikes in-conjunction with the lighter striker springs. I dismissed them after that and haven't really given them much consideration since then. I'm going to get a few of the striker springs from ZEV TECH that Frank Proctor claims run reliably in his G-Locks and see how they do with my carry ammo.
    Thanks for the update. Do you know what weight the Zev springs are that Frank Proctor uses?
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I wounder what the 5.5 striker spring rate is after 5000 rounds or more.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHeat View Post
    I wounder what the 5.5 striker spring rate is after 5000 rounds or more.
    I bet it is darn close to 5.0, if not lighter. YVK proudly replaced springs, including his striker spring, in his G19 after 15,000 rounds without a stoppage, and then reported his trigger wasn't as good. I told him to put the old striker spring back in.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I bet it is darn close to 5.0, if not lighter.
    That would be my guess also.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I'm actually handing it off to a friend to be my beta tester.

If it works well for him and I like the trigger feel, I'll get some more and let him fit them to my guns. Because: friends.
    Roger that Todd. Yeah I am in the whole I do not want to cut it myself but if my friend had an issue I would have it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Thanks for the update. Do you know what weight the Zev springs are that Frank Proctor uses?
    Here's the complete kit Proctor sells: http://www.wayofthegun.us/wotg-trigg...glock-pistols/

Just to kind of recap, who are the major players in full trigger kits?

Www.Glocktriggers.com

Www.vanekcustom.com

www.glockcustomtriggers.com

Who else am I missing?

We are diminished
    Part swap experiment today with my -46 serial number Glock 19.

From the factory: 7# 2oz ... from the factory it had no locking block pin, surprise!

From the factory after adding locking block pin: 7#

Replace stock striker block with Apex striker block: 7#

Apex striker block plus Taran Tactical striker block spring: 6# 12oz (-4oz)

Apex striker block, Taran striker block spring, Taran Tactical connector: 6# 2oz (-10oz)

Apex striker block, Taran striker block spring, Taran connector, 5# striker spring: 5# 8oz (-10oz)

All of the above plus a polishing job utilizing my expert skills: 5# 8oz (no change, waste of half an hour)
    Whaa whaa.

Qualitatively, the Taran Tactical connector made the biggest change in trigger feel. It became very much a non-stop rolling break. The 5# striker spring removed some of that quality as did my polishing. I'm going to give the gun a chance to wear in a bit and see if it improves, then add back the stock striker spring for evaluation.

I've also got a Taran Tactical trigger spring inbound.

All weights were taken with an NRA weight set from the middle of the trigger after the trigger safety had been disengaged.

User Tag List