Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Triggers Redux -- Archer Edition

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Sean invited you to review his 'About Me' page. There, I hot linked it for you. While we're at it, here's Todd's.
    FWIW, the about me pages stil, don't show up for me either. All I see are post counts.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    FWIW, the about me pages stil, don't show up for me either. All I see are post counts.
    Thanks for pointing that out, we'd thought we'd fixed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportster883 View Post
    Lol.

so let's review some recent history, Cold War history and great war history. We will include police aswell.

Let's start out on the civilian side with the police. Any era. Who here as police used anything other than a stock trigger for police work? Who here in the Cold War in military service used any trigger system other than OEM? Who here in the GWOT used anything other than factory supplied trigger parts? See where this is going yet? The greatest number of people among you when you go to Walmart with actual experience is the GWOT era guys followed by a much lower number of civilian police, followed by Cold War era guys then Great War individuals pushing a century in age.

We will focus closer on the GWOT guys because it's the only era where glocks are actually used and they are the topic of this subject. In every instance the Glock is used in the GWOT the trigger system is stock. So the question remains if it is perfect for that situation, who is it that uses these triggers where it takes out the first stage and puts it right at the reset point people are talking about? You or anyone else can not argue, it's only on the Internet from what I've seen. So if the stock system is what the real professionals use and they more likely than not come home, why are these uber triggers being touted as being the best? Is it because they were used by the poster in actual experience? I doubt that. Military and cops use the stock systems and in most cases the police use heavier harder breaking trigger systems, but they seem to be doing fine.

The only people touting these super light super smooth triggers are first the guys shooting games where speed and ultimate accuracy is the game. Followed by the guys on the Internet.

Just saying ninja stuff like these triggers make me lol. Just learn to use the stock system. It has proven over and over by the professionals it works best or they would be using these aftermarket gadgets too.

So maybe we do need to talk about them flip flops. I'd love to hear about how nice it was to take showers everyday.
    Since you are insistent on pressing your military background as the basis for your opinions, and have yet to learn from even the most obvious direct communications, why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and provide the Admin, or Mods, or Site Owner with the DD-214 you received when you retired. Since no one here knows you, your obvious expertise would be taken much more seriously if you emailed over a privatized version of your 214. Combined with a another sanitized document to confirm it is actually YOURS, it would go a long way in actually getting people to listen to you.

It's pretty simple............ your deployment time, and awards will be annotated, and the Admins/Mods can then verify for the forum your God-Like status for all three years spent deployed.

However, given that you write like a pissed off airsofter, completely ignorant of your venue & audience, and representing as a badass from your mom's basement..........I'm going to guess this will not ever happen, under any number of excuses as to why not.

If you have truly done what you claim to have done, it is on your discharge/retirement papers. The PF.com staff take personal privacy seriously, and will not divulge any information other than your claims have been vetted and verified.

Until the PF.com staff see something to definitively prove to the contrary, and openly post confirmation of your claimed exploits..........based on your comments & behavior, you are a POSER at worst, and a TROLL at best.

I look forward to issuing a public and humble apology for being proven wrong.

Something tells me I will be waiting a long time in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportster883 View Post
    Lol.

so let's review some recent history, Cold War history and great war history. We will include police aswell.
    Let’s not. I’m reading this thread because I want to hear people’s experiences with Glock triggers.

Site Supporter
    This thread is awesome.

Serious question:

How could a Gen 3 Trigger bar cause an ND in a Gen 4?

My understanding is the striker is only normally at half-cock, it is fully cocked on the trigger press.

Seems to be the worst that could happen is it might fall before the FP block safety is fully depressed causing a non-strike of fall after but before the full stroke possibly causing a light strike.

If it fails to do what it is supposed to, it should fail when pointing at the target, otherwise, any fall of the Striker will be caught by the Firing Pin Block Safety Plunger.

The biggest concern of the trigger bar not having enough contact with the striker lug is the possibility of doubling or tripling with one trigger pull which is frowned upon by some of the Alphabet Agencies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Force Majeure View Post
    My understanding is the striker is only normally at half-cock, it is fully cocked on the trigger press.
    I've heard of one or two incidents of a Glock firing from less than fully cocked striker. I don't have a link handy, but if I stumble across it, I'll post it.

In at least one of those incidents, the striker safety was gummed up and in the depressed position.

The biggest concern of the trigger bar not having enough contact with the striker lug is the possibility of doubling or tripling with one trigger pull which is frowned upon by some of the Alphabet Agencies.
    That's what I thought.

It is easy enough to check the engagement with the orange backplate and compare it to spec.

User Tag List