Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Glock Triggers Redux -- Archer Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I added a Taran Tactical trigger spring and saw no change in trigger pull weight. What I did discover today is just how much the measuring spot matters.

My current test platform gun is:
    G19 gen4
    Taran Tactical connector, trigger spring, striker block spring
    Apex striker block
    5# striker spring
    polished trigger bar

Trigger pull weight as measured from center of trigger is five pounds eight ounces. Measured from the tip of the trigger it weighs three pounds ten ounces. Changing the measuring spot reduced the trigger pull "weight" by almost two whole pounds.
    I'm curious what the results would be with just the connector. Your observation that it gave you a nice rolling break has me thinking that adding it and nothing else might be the fix for my Gen 4 19. I don't have a way to measure trigger weight but it has a very heavy wall that I would like to eliminate.

Did you get a chance to try the Taran connector without any spring changes? Do you feel like the Apex striker block changed the feel at all? What were your reasons for adding it?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

A good minus connector will lower the trigger pull in a Gen 4 Glock by approximately 8 oz. and a Gen 3 Glock by approximately 16 oz.

You guys are going to get me to try that Taran connector if I keep reading this thread.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    You guys are going to get me to try that Taran connector if I keep reading this thread.
    Ditto...

Or you can order 2 LWD connectors for the same money and get a rolling break as well.

Site Supporter
    I've heard of too many people having issues with LW connectors to trust them. I could be mistaken, but I think Todd's already had one of those break, right at the bottom of the skinny mid-section.

I am aware of Todd breaking one. Many of the best Glock triggers available still use them. I have been trying to wear one out on a range gun and after more than 70,000 rounds it still works like new. I keep my connectors clean and lubricated.
    I have returned or replaced dozens of bad connectors right out of the box made by one of the best known trigger makers in the business but their current fourth version connector seems to work great.

After reading Todd's description, I'm considering giving the Taran a try once my backup G17 arrives. His description of the pull sounds appealing, almost to the point where I think it may be a candidate to try with the NY1 spring. I don't plan on playing with the springs apart from that, as I'm really just concerned about the feel.

One thing I'm curious about: is there anything inherent to their design that makes either the lighter or the aftermarket connectors less durable?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Did you get a chance to try the Taran connector without any spring changes? Do you feel like the Apex striker block changed the feel at all? What were your reasons for adding it?
    I did not try the TT connector by itself. I was adding changes one at a time but didn't remove previously installed stuff and start from scratch each time.

I didn't notice any change in trigger pull weight or feel with the Apex block. I'm seriously considering taking them out of my guns because I don't see a benefit and it would be one less custom part "for the sake of it."

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I am aware of Todd breaking one.
    So I had one that broke, and don't trust it. You have one that didn't, and trust it. I'm fine with that.

Many of the best Glock triggers available still use them.
    Having had a long discussion with multiple people about this, I'm firmly of the belief that it's because:

(a) Most companies aren't willing to spend the money to design and produce brand new connectors when the LW gives a good trigger feel as is for, as you pointed out yourself, a very cheap price.

(b) Getting genuine "-" Glock connectors from the gray market is very expensive and Glock won't sell them en masse to the "kit" companies.

As I've said in the past, I'm no engineer but it's pretty easy to see the stress risers on the LW connector and that's precisely where mine broke. I learned a lot about stress risers when I broke my M&P slides... something that also happened to many but not all heavy volume shooters of that particular part. Heck, I bet somewhere out there is a guy who got past 90-something thousand rounds on his HK P30 without breaking the frame.

Having said that, apart from a lot of the competition crowd I don't know anyone who has put a large volume through a TT connector especially with my typical maintenance regime. So I could very easily be here in a few months saying that connector broke on me, too. I doubt it given the material and the design, but again: not an engineer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    One thing I'm curious about: is there anything inherent to their design that makes either the lighter or the aftermarket connectors less durable?
    Well, it depends. I don't know if you're speaking about the Taran specifically, but with other brands - some have holes drilled in the face, or their width is reduced, which can certainly impact durability.

User Tag List