Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Junk Carry Pillow (AIWB cushion)

I am in for a few++ on velcro top
    The Old Wolf Still Hunts

I’d be interested in two of the pillows - ranger green or all terrain tiger preferred if it needs to be tactical. Don’t have anything in multicam black to match 😂
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

I would buy one.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I will immediately buy a couple as well. Hell, I was going to invest in a sewing machine just to make my own...

I'm in for a few.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    This may be buried in another junk pillow thread, but what is the advantage of this over a closed cell foam wedge/pad?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    This may be buried in another junk pillow thread, but what is the advantage of this over a closed cell foam wedge/pad?
    As conceived by @Clusterfrack and hand sewn by me:

- Adjustable poly-fil stuffing accomodates physical shape in the "crease" area, affording increased comfort since the pad fills the gap in your gentleman region
    - Pillow shape allows it to "tuck" slightly under the kydex bottom of the holster, providing additional padding on that edge
    - The poly-fil compresses easily and provides a very slight outer pressure on the holster body inward towards center line, reducing printing (in this aspect it is similar to a foam pad).

I find my JCP vastly superior to any foam pad I've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    As conceived by @Clusterfrack and hand sewn by me:
    Just to clarify, this ^^^ means I took Cluster's idea and made one to that pattern; i.e. my comments applied to the one I made, only...

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Bed pillows and seat cushions are:

[Materials Science description] designed to have a similar compliance as the human body, and to have enough range of viscoelastic deformation to spread the load across an uneven surface (your body).

[Basic description] comfortable.

The problem with closed cell wedges is that they are much stiffer and can deform only a small amount. You wouldn't want to use that material as a pillow, and it wouldn't be nearly as comfortable to sit on as nice comfy chair.

The JCP also breathes much better than closed cell foam.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Bed pillows and seat cushions are:

[Materials Science description] designed to have a similar compliance as the human body, and to have enough range of viscoelastic deformation to spread the load [are we still doing phrasing?] across an uneven surface (your body).

[Basic description] comfortable.

The problem with closed cell wedges is that they are much stiffer and can deform only a small amount. You wouldn't want to use that material as a pillow, and it wouldn't be nearly as comfortable to sit on as nice comfy chair.

The JCP also breathes much better than closed cell foam.
    I'll withhold judgement until I try one out. It looks a bit bulky, but I imagine it also flattens out a good bit more than MM and other high density foams.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List