Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Junk Carry Pillow (AIWB cushion)

Just made one, totally messed it all up in multiple ways, had some trouble with the sewing machine too. But I still finished it up and even my messed up one takes comfort to whole new level. Gotta make a “good” one now, but thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by zpelletier View Post
    Just made one, totally messed it all up in multiple ways, had some trouble with the sewing machine too. But I still finished it up and even my messed up one takes comfort to whole new level. Gotta make a “good” one now, but thank you so much.
    It doesn’t need to look good... just needs to work. Let’s see the fugly thing.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It doesn’t need to look good... just needs to work. Let’s see the fugly thing.
    The first one I made is weird, I made some mistakes following the pattern. The one on the holster now is the second one I made. I wore it all day yesterday (16 hours-ish) and it’s fantastic. It’s the first time since I started carrying appendix that I didn’t end up with a painful spot from the muzzle (or muzzle end of the holster). It also pushes the grip in very nicely as well. If it continues to work well I’ll eventually make another one with a higher quality fabric. This one is just from Walmart.

I included a shot of the new one I’m making too. It doesn’t have to look nice, and it sits in my pants so no one will see it, but it’ll drive me crazy if it doesn’t look at least decent.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quick update if anyone is curious. I’ve been using the pillow every day all day for the past week and a half, and it’s amazing. It pushes the grip into my body nicely, and distributes the pressure on my body from the muzzle end of the holster so that I don’t get any painful spots. I am using a Phlster classic which has a molded wedge; I don’t think the wedge is necessary with the pillow and the pillow would probably work even better without it. The pillow tends to compress around the shape of the wedge. Some kind of jmck holster is probably next, wing claw 2.0 or 2.5? Any recommendations?

I feel like this is very underrated. It’s so much better (for me at least) than any kind of foam wedge.

Junk Carry Pillow (AIWB cushion)

Responding to a PM about finished dimensions. Here’s the JCP I use on my P-07 with TLR-8.

3.5” tall
    3” wide
    1” deep

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Responding to a PM about finished dimensions. Here’s the JCP I use on my P-07 with TLR-8.

3.5” tall
    3” wide
    1” deep

Thankyou for the picture and measurements
    The Old Wolf Still Hunts

Another one: 4” x 3” x 1”

I ordered some material for creating a few of these. Excited to try it out.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

First go round. Not to hard to make, and I learned how to use a sewing machine.

I think if I ironed all the folds to make them more uniform it would look a little better but that's not really a big deal.

Name:  IMG_20210221_153232.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  54.9 KB
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I just bought a completely ridiculous amount of fabric for these. I'm sure I waste half of it learning to sew, but I'm going to be set for awhile!

ETA: @Irelander if mine look 3/4 that good I'll happy as a pig in slop.

User Tag List