Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Junk Carry Pillow (AIWB cushion)

This tutorial would have helped when I made my first pillow, but at least future iterations may look nicer. I have to say it's way more comfortable than other options I've tried. I bet you could even get fancier with it by making one side of the bellows stick out more than the other side to help with tucking the gun a bit if you so desired.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    This tutorial would have helped when I made my first pillow, but at least future iterations may look nicer. I have to say it's way more comfortable than other options I've tried. I bet you could even get fancier with it by making one side of the bellows stick out more than the other side to help with tucking the gun a bit if you so desired.
    Good idea. It would be great if someone with access to sewing would start making and selling these. Maybe @Mack at Graith? And a special P-F Orange Edition junk carry pillow?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Good idea. It would be great if someone with access to sewing would start making and selling these. Maybe @Mack at Graith? And a special P-F Orange Edition junk carry pillow?
    I know a guy that I can ask as well. If Mack does it though I have had great experience with one of his older MMT belts, and have seriously considered picking up both a Lumen and Graith belt as well based on the reviews of others here.

Need commercially-available Junk Pillow. Will pay money for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    We have no current plans to get into the Junk Pillow market , however one suggestion for anyone that wants to try and make them on their own is to make a pattern that is comprised of multiple pieces, you can sew the panels together inside out, and only leave a small opening on the end (the narrow part that you stuff the fill into). When you turn it right side out (they make special point turners to make all of the corners nice and even but you can use a chopstick or screwdriver) you can put the fill through the small hole in the end and then sew everything shut (you will be able to skip the step where you hem both ends of the pillow). If you take a look at any nice jackets that is how they sew the lining into them and you will notice a small line of stitching inside one of the sleeves where they turned the entire jacket through the small opening in the sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    We have no current plans to get into the Junk Pillow market...
    You should reconsider Mack, I think you're missing the first-to-market boat on this one.

(said after the realization that if I ask my wife to do this, I'll end up with 20 more items on the honey-do list)

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Need commercially-available Junk Pillow. Will pay money for one.
    Soon. Not this way but something that's actually purpose built with more consideration for other things than foam allows.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Did a production JCP ever get produced?
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Soon. Not this way but something that's actually purpose built with more consideration for other things than foam allows.
    The variants I tried currently face a material/cost limitation that requires either selling 100,000 of them to make it feasible, or single unit cost that exceeds the price of most good AIWB holsters. I settled on injection molded products. It's what I'd call a 95% solution.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I have a G48 with Tau Industries Striker Control Device in a Dark Star Gear Hitchhiker with OEM Dark Wing and Foam pad. Been carrying AIWB comfortably for a few weeks now. @Clusterfrack and I have been exchanging some ideas on the JCP concept into a "pattern" in the "Comfortable AIWB" thread:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....mfortable+aiwb

Since this thread is about the JCP, seems like it is the place to post this additional info. The pattern is currently at Version 2.1. Size wise, version 2.1 results in a pillow size more fitting to a compact holster. Here are some pictures of the prototypes in progress.

This shows the sewing in progress. The pillow is shown wrong side out, just having finished the "bellows" or ears that make the bottom/fat part of the pillow. The bellows is up, and the mouth of the pillow is down in this photo.

Name:  IMG_8172.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  57.9 KB

In this picture, a JCP prototype (Charlie) is seen on the right, with the first prototype (Alpha) on the left. with the DSG and foam pad under. Alpha was sewn to an earlier, smaller pattern. I haven't run the seam across the top for these as shown, as I'm still experimenting with the amount of fill.

Name:  IMG_8174.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  76.4 KB

Below is current pattern *.pdf at ver 2.1.

Just print at normal unscaled size, cut out the pattern, and follow the instructions. You'll need a piece of fabric, a couple strips of sew on velcro, suitable for your holster pad, and an amount of Poly-Fil polyester stuffing.

jcp__compact_pattern21.pdf

User Tag List