Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Junk Carry Pillow (AIWB cushion)

Just got mine.

Hot-spot eliminators. Way more comfortable than foam.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Got my ACP today. Very nice quality product from the great guys at Mastermind Tactics. I'm enjoying this pillow so far, mostly sitting at my desk today. I concur that it seems to have just the right amount of filling to provide excellent comfort and tuck.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

This site costs me way too much freaking money.

I have a few on the way now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Just got mine.

In my experience, this is on the money,
    Two more were just delivered...
    now we're see about longevity

Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Just got mine.

Definitely much more comfortable than any kind of foam wedges...so I got five of 'em, to replace wedges on both several standard AIWB holsters and on several Enigma setups.

Thanks to both Clusterfrack for the concept, and to Mack for the willingness to actually produce these commercially, and so quickly too.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I got mine. Didn't read every post so mine is likely the first meh here. For my preferences, which I've been satisfying by shaping 1 to 1.5 inch thick and fairly dense foam for years now, this one is too flat. Neither grip tuck in nor muzzle direction control were to my liking.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I got mine. Didn't read every post so mine is likely the first meh here. For my preferences, which I've been satisfying by shaping 1 to 1.5 inch thick and fairly dense foam for years now, this one is too flat. Neither grip tuck in nor muzzle direction control were to my liking.
    How far down the holster are you placing the pillow? Does it hang 1/2" or more off the front?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Didn't pay attention to the degree of overhang. I align hook and loop patches at the muzzle end when I attach my wedges. The holster piece is as far out as possible. The degree of overhang is determined how much of wedge is past its velcro piece.
    Last edited by YVK; 06-25-2021 at 06:52 AM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post

Thank you @Mack & @Clusterfrack for making this happen.
    +1,000. Could not agree more. The JCP concept is a fantastic idea, and kudos to MMT to bringing a commercial version to market. It's awesome.

(However, now that the idea is a reality, I'd suggest @Clusterfrack's screen name be changed to "MyJunkCarryPillowGuy".

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Questions, and not because I’m trying to sway your opinion, but because it might help potential buyers make an informed decision:

- What gun and holster are you using?

On a JCMK Wing Claw 2.0 (DCC clips) for a full size 320, I get maybe 10% less “wedge” action than with my Mastermind Tactics foam wedge, but it’s not like the gun is hanging out further. It’s just pressing less “vigorously” into my stomach… and that doesn’t suck. I also have a decent wing on the holster, so I’m not counting on the wedge alone to lever 17 rounds of 9mm into my abdomen.

I could see preferring a foam wedge in a 43X, 365X, or a gun with a <4” barrel because of the balance point being more up towards the grip… especially if the holster is particularly high-riding or doesn’t have a wing/claw. More mass to leverage over the top of the belt.

- flat stomach or dad gut?

That also makes a huge difference. Spare tires, even small ones, lever grips over belts unless the belt is worn above the natural waist.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

User Tag List