Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Junk Carry Pillow (AIWB cushion)

Site Supporter
    Order's in...
    Thanks!

Posted my review and pictures of MMT's ACP here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1231169

tl;dr: Buy one, now.

Site Supporter
    My JCP showed up early, I swapped it out with my
    standard wedge for the last coupe of hours today,
    Initial thoughts are certainly favorable, noticeably
    more comfortable, but I'd developed a bit of a hot
    spot over the last week of long hot humid days, I'm
    anxious to see after a 14 - 15 hour day tomorrow.
    I'm thinking, if it doesn't flatten out, it'll be a definite
    improvement (for me anyway) and I'll be ordering more.
    Appreciate you're making them available Mack!

Cross-post of my ACP review

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @Mack sent me two Appendix Carry Pillows for testing and evaluation. They arrived last Friday, and I immediately ripped open the package with the excitement of a kid on Christmas morning. My expectations were high, given that Mastermind is well-known for making innovative and high-quality gear. I wear their belts daily. Part of me secretly wanted my own hand-made pillows to be better than the commercial version I was about to try. It's been over 6 years since I first posted my design for the Junk Carry Pillow, and it's no understatement that the JCP has transformed appendix carry for me. The cushioning and flexibility of the JCP allowed me to carry a fairly large pistol comfortably while doing practically every type of activity, including hiking all day in rugged terrain.

TLDR: the Mastermind Appendix Carry Pillow (ACP) exceeds expectations in every way, and is by far the best holster wedge ever produced. Anyone who carries AIWB should buy at least two (use one while the other is in the wash). At the price of $17 it's likely the best value you'll purchase this year.

I like the shape, fabric, and especially the fill. And I admit that the ACP is better than even the best of my own hand-made pillows.

The ACP breathes well, and even during a 3 hour drive yesterday in humid conditions, I barely noticed the CZ P-07 in my crotch. As well, the ACP fabric is soft and smooth, and doesn't pull on skin or underwear while bending and moving.

The ~1/2" of pillow extending beyond the end of the holster provides the advantage of a longer holster without the added stiff plastic that can cause issues when bending over or doing ninja moves. The gun's grip is well-tucked (as with other wedges) but in a more flexible way. The ACP squishes when it needs to. No more weird contortions to tie shoes.

The curved shape of the ACP eliminates corners, conforms well to the body. The added length of pillow wraps around and protects your 'parts' from the hard end of the holster.

The folks at Mastermind did some serious research into high-end pillow-filling materials, and chose stuffing that provides just the right amount of loft and memory. How well the loft holds up over time is an open question, but I think it should be possible to fluff up the ACP if it flattens. And at $17, I wouldn't mind buying a new one every few years.

The size of the ACP is just right for a full-size or compact handgun (e.g. Glock 34 to 19) It is larger than ideal for a subcompact (Glock 43 or p365), fixed blade knife, or mag pouch. I hope Mastermind releases a scaled-down ACP soon.

Note: The ACP should be attached so about 1/2" hangs over the holster, and there is minimal thickness under the belt.

I'll post another review after using the ACP for a few months.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Many thanks for the review, and for providing the inspiration for this product Clusterfrack. My order is inbound! .

-Rainman

I’m on the waiting list for them to be back in stock. Hopefully the wait isn’t too long. I’m looking forward to trying it out.

Been wearing mine for the past few days attached to an RCS Morrigan for a G43... A holster which though silly cheap, makes a really damn good AIWB rig using just one PTD loop some Velcro and shoe insole heel pad… but the JCP/ACP-W is superior in so many ways.

A-Fricking-MAZING!!!!!

I also have a Henry’s Holster G48 model I’ll be using with the 43x once it’s completely vetted. The spare Velcro will be on that as soon as the holster arrives. Will try it with a few of my G19 holsters too, though I have every confidence it’ll work just as amazingly well as it does on this gun I carry when I don’t carry a gun.

Thank you @Mack & @Clusterfrack for making this happen.

If you haven’t already, get on the list and buy at least two of these!

P.S. Get some belts and a rifle sling too. Hoping Mack brings back his Glock holsters as well.
    Last edited by jandbj; 06-13-2021 at 08:31 PM.

A big thank you to everyone who has tried the ACP and provided feedback. We really appreciate the support and are hopeful that we will have ACPs re-stocked by the weekend.

Just to add fuel to the fire:

I received a pillow (and a belt) from MMT yesterday, then put it to use last night for a 12 hour shift. It's been stooooopid hot here lately (it was still 84 degrees at midnight, high yesterday was over 100, I just saw 104 today in my truck), and neoprene wedges/pads don't breath all that well, but Macks pillow did a lot better. It seemed a bit more comfortable than the foam, and for sure had more "give" when sitting or bending. I'll probably be ordering another one or two, so I can rotate and wash them as needed.

Thread drift a bit: The belt was also a bit more comfortable than my usual leather Beltman belt. I may have to order another one of these, maybe the PF orange accent version.

Site Supporter
    After daily use for over a week, I'm sold,
    for me the JCP is no doubt more comfortable
    than a foam wedge through a 12 -15 hr day.
    I was glad to order a couple more.

User Tag List