Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Junk Carry Pillow (AIWB cushion)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefrq View Post
    @Mack

Is the top of the pillow stitched shut? I know it was previously discussed about using velcro so you can replace the fill as necessary without having to cut and restitch.

I for one would be glad to pay a higher price point for the JCP to be capable of customization regarding the amount of filler.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have used some of my JCPs for over 3 years without replacement of the fill. But, more importantly I want the top of the pillow to be as thin as possible. Velcro would add some thickness and possibly cause a hot spot. I would prefer a Mastermind JCP without it.
    That's good to know, thanks for the information.
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

The pillows will be sewn shut, the addition of hook and loop will add bulk and cost but more importantly as Clusterfrack has pointed out the added bulk negatively affects the performance and comfort of the pillow. The pillows will come with one fill level because it seems that there is an optimal level and less or more makes the pillow less effective.

Although we have selected fairly expensive materials to make the production JCP out of we still want to make them a reasonably affordable addition to any holster, and they will absolutely sell for under $20.00.

More pics and info will be posted as we move out of the design and testing phase and into production.

First run of JCPs underway...

Name:  IMG_2040.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  100.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2044.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  100.2 KB

@Mack preorder available?

Site Supporter
    With roll out in mind, would these
    be similar to a standard / large wedge?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Please!

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CR78 View Post
    Please!
    We are not big into pre-orders as we don't like to take anyone's money before we have finished products however we hope to have a small run of these on our site soon. We are hopeful that if it does not happen over the weekend they will be in stock at some point early next week.

We are not really sure what will happen sales wise so we are going to be making small batches and we will do our best to keep them in stock. If for some reason they happen to be out of stock when visiting our site you will be able to sign up for email notifications for re-stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    With roll out in mind, would these
    be similar to a standard / large wedge?
    This JCP will be for use with double stack or similar sized guns and can be used on any set up that utilizes our standard wedge profile. I have attached a few images of the JCP and our standard wedge. They cannot be compared directly size wise as they work differently. I have found the the JCP does everything a wedge does (for my needs) performance wise with additional comfort.

That being said we are currently working on a scaled version of the JCP that will be designed for smaller guns. We will keep everyone posted on when that becomes more finalized.

Name:  IMG_2050.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  101.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2051.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  100.3 KB

^^^Outfreakingstanding.

In the FWIW department, I just took a look at my current falling-apart-at-the-seams JCP prototype Lima, which I have attached to my G48 in a Dark Star Gear Hitchhiker, and it is almost exactly 3.5" long x 3" wide, net weight 10 grams. (photo is deceiving, it is dead nuts on these dimensions IRL)

Can't wait.

Name:  IMG_9105.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  82.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Thanks, I'm in when they become available.

User Tag List