Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Junk Carry Pillow (AIWB cushion)

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I'll withhold judgement until I try one out. It looks a bit bulky, but I imagine it also flattens out a good bit more than MM and other high density foams.
    See Cluster's comment, but I can add one piece of data: I did a couple measurements of my DSG Hitchhiker (G48) both with, and without, my JCP attached. I pressed the holster down onto my desk and took a measurement at a specific place on the holster. The delta (meaning how much the JCP added) was 0.1".

So, yeah, visually it seems bulky, but with a total weight of mine as made (fabric, velcro, thread, Poly-Fil) of 10 grams, it really squishes down when in use.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    See Cluster's comment, but I can add one piece of data: I did a couple measurements of my DSG Hitchhiker (G48) both with, and without, my JCP attached. I pressed the holster down onto my desk and took a measurement at a specific place on the holster. The delta (meaning how much the JCP added) was 0.1".

So, yeah, visually it seems bulky, but with a total weight of mine as made (fabric, velcro, thread, Poly-Fil) of 10 grams, it really squishes down when in use.
    I concur with @Clusterfrack and @RJ. The JCP I made initially was packed full with polyfil which was quite firm. Comfort was good and it tucked well but pushed the muzzle out too much causing below belt printing. After reading RJ's comments, I took at least half of the fill out. This worked much better.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

We are experimenting with some different profiles; this one (in the foreground) incorporates a curvature which obviously changes the shape of the pillow but also puts any of the point turned ends toward the holster and not in contact with the wearer. It is a minor change but we think it may end up being even more comfortable. This is a rough prototype just to test the idea. We will post some more pics of the new shape as it progresses.

Name:  IMG_1990.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  80.4 KB

^^^ super cool @Mack.

I like the subdued color of those prototypes, and the design tweak to turn the edge down...that sounds really good.

Now, if the final product was available in Orange...just sayin’

Kidding. Hope it is a best seller for y’all. I’ll certainly buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I’ll certainly buy one.
    Everyone needs at least two JCPs, so you can wear one while the other is in the wash.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

We have made several adjustments to the pattern for the new profile. This sample is made from the fabric we will use for production, it is a US made acrylic fabric that is extremely durable but has a soft hand, is mildew/mold resistant and is easily cleaned (it is also pretty expensive, thankfully JCPs are small). We are still waiting on the production fill to arrive so in the meantime we will continue to test and work with the shape.

Name:  IMG_1998.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  64.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1999.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  60.5 KB

Name:  IMG_2001.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  92.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1997.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  77.0 KB

So happy to see this coming to market! Thanks Mack!!

@Mack

Is the top of the pillow stitched shut? I know it was previously discussed about using velcro so you can replace the fill as necessary without having to cut and restitch.
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglefrq View Post
    @Mack

Is the top of the pillow stitched shut? I know it was previously discussed about using velcro so you can replace the fill as necessary without having to cut and restitch.
    I’ll have to admit that depending on the price point I’m fully willing to consider these as a consumable item not designed with maintenance in mind.

I have used some of my JCPs for over 3 years without replacement of the fill. But, more importantly I want the top of the pillow to be as thin as possible. Velcro would add some thickness and possibly cause a hot spot. I would prefer a Mastermind JCP without it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List