Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Junk Carry Pillow (AIWB cushion)

Junk Carry Pillow (AIWB cushion)

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I'll withhold judgement until I try one out. It looks a bit bulky, but I imagine it also flattens out a good bit more than MM and other high density foams.
    Thanks for pointing this out. I hadn't considered how "bulky" the JCP appears in an image. It is not bulky at all, despite how large it is--because it is very soft and squishy, just like a bed pillow. It feels almost like the holster isn't there. @Mack, it will be important to make this clear in your marketing description.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Do you find the pillow helps alleviate roll out with a short barrel,
    as a full size foam wedge does?

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Do you find the pillow helps alleviate roll out with a short barrel,
    as a full size foam wedge does?
    Yes, it acts like a longer holster (e.g. G17 length for a G19, P-09 length for a P-07) without digging into the groin when bending over. Note how the JCP folds over the front of the holster in the image above.

Unlike a stiff foam wedge, this combo allows the holster to roll out a bit if there is sufficient pressure, as when sitting. For vertically-challenged individuals like me, this is a really good feature. Longer holsters can be very uncomfortable for short people.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-21-2021 at 12:32 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Excellent, that's exactly what i was wondering.
    I run my 365 XL in a JM 2.0 with a large wedge
    canted, extended a little below the muzzle @ 1:00
    with those results, sounds promising.
    Thanks!, appreciate the reply.

JCP Update: We ordered fabrics and fill to test out for production versions that should show up sometime next week.

I’ve been testing out some of our prototype pillows the past few days and even though I am not someone who has ever had issues with foam wedges I have to say the JCP works great (and that’s with whatever random fabric I had around the shop and cheap poly-fil). More info and better pics to come.

Name:  IMG_1980.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  55.1 KB

Looks good!
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I'll pick up a couple once available.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    JCP Update: We ordered fabrics and fill to test out for production versions that should show up sometime next week.

I’ve been testing out some of our prototype pillows the past few days and even though I am not someone who has ever had issues with foam wedges I have to say the JCP works great (and that’s with whatever random fabric I had around the shop and cheap poly-fil). More info and better pics to come.
    Wow, those look so much better than the ones I made myself haha

As someone who also has made one and uses it daily, I can also confirm that it is not at all bulky. I’ve found it far more comfortable than any of the foam wedges I’ve tried, presumably because of how well it conforms to your body

Site Supporter
    I’d be in for one, too.

Ready to buy.
    #RESIST

User Tag List