Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Junk Carry Pillow (AIWB cushion)

Very cool.

I'm finding that I really don't need a ton of polyfil in my pillow. I initially stuffed it full but it was too much. It tucked my P2000SK nicely against my body but pushed the muzzle out too much. Last night I ripped the closure stitching out and took at least half of the fill out. I have the open end pinned shut for now to try it out. I really think the velcro closure is the way to go.

@RJ ,

Are you not adding the short central vertical stitching down from the top hem that we see in the original @Clusterfrack design? I had that stitching originally but had to rip it out to get the fill out. Just curious on your thoughts on whether that is needed. It seemed to create a more wedge-ish shape to the pillow.

Strange, I never thought AIWB carry would lead me to be interested in sowing. Go figure.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post

Are you not adding the short central vertical stitching down from the top hem that we see in the original @Clusterfrack design? I had that stitching originally but had to rip it out to get the fill out. Just curious on your thoughts on whether that is needed. It seemed to create a more wedge-ish shape to the pillow.
    No, I skipped that stitching. The polyfil doesn't seem to shift around much.

Although that may be due in part to the fact I ended up with a smaller pillow (Phrasing!!), due to me making one for my Glock 48 (so-called "compact").

I also found I had to remove stuffing, as the original "pillow" feel turned out to be too much. I weighed mine on my postal scale and found that about 9 or 10 grams (total) weight was about right. It feels pretty squishy but works much better. So far my Foxtrot prototype model has been fine since adjusting the polyfil. I've been wearing it every day and it has changed shape slightly, but still feels ok.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    No, I skipped that stitching. The polyfil doesn't seem to shift around much.

Although that may be due in part to the fact I ended up with a smaller pillow (Phrasing!!), due to me making one for my Glock 48 (so-called "compact").

I also found I had to remove stuffing, as the original "pillow" feel turned out to be too much. I weighed mine on my postal scale and found that about 9 or 10 grams (total) weight was about right. It feels pretty squishy but works much better. So far my Foxtrot prototype model has been fine since adjusting the polyfil. I've been wearing it every day and it has changed shape slightly, but still feels ok.
    Are we still doing phrasing? Guys?

I also skipped that stitching and I haven’t had any issues either. I feel like the polyfil has only adjusted/changed shape to slightly conform to the shape of my body, but only slightly. And I also wear it everyday.

Site Supporter
    Because of this thread, I tried a makeshift pillow with some rolled up cardboard, attached with duct tape, and the whilole holster fit and concealed better, because it tilted grip and the back of the slide into my torso.

I turned out my pockets at the hotel we stayed at this weekend in Orlando. I'd been carrying AIWB everyday this week, and in the car on the way over (2 hour drive), out to dinner, etc.

This is what prototype Echo (approx total weight 9 grams) looks like after that usage. Like say, it's kinda squshy, but it's surprising how much extra comfort that little bit of padding adds.

Name:  IMG_8342.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  44.8 KB

Junk Carry Pillow (AIWB cushion)

I’m trying out shredded gel-infused memory foam as a JCP filler. I have a big hiking trip next week in Utah, and want as small and cool a JCP as possible. Feels very good so far. Will report again soon.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-11-2021 at 01:12 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Can’t we convince @Mack or @Prdator or someone to make these for those of us that don’t sew?

Please!!
    Last edited by jandbj; 05-11-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Can’t we convince @Mack or @Prdator or someone to make these for those of us that don’t sew?

Please!!
    We've been getting more requests for something like this, we certainly can investigate making a small run for PF. I think we have a roll of MultiCam® Black Cordura® floating around the shop somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    Ever since RJ posted this we have been getting requests to make these. We certainly can investigate making a small run for PF. I think we have a roll of MultiCam® Black Cordura® floating around the shop somewhere...
    I’ll take 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mack View Post
    We've been getting more requests for something like this, we certainly can investigate making a small run for PF. I think we have a roll of MultiCam[emoji2400] Black Cordura[emoji2400] floating around the shop somewhere...
    I recommend poly/cotton or cotton instead of nylon. Think pillowcase materials.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List