Thread: USPf 9 AIWB Holsters

USPf 9 AIWB Holsters

I see a lot of love for HK P-series variants around here, but not much for the old skool USPf (the only HK model with preban standard cap mags available in my state). Anyone carry one? AIWB? Would be great to hear what sorts of holsters you've tried and loved/hated.

Secondarily, (and no need to answer if it's not appropriate for this section of the forum), did you run an LEM? And if so, match, light or heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by eyemahm View Post
    I see a lot of love for HK P-series variants around here, but not much for the old skool USPf (the only HK model with preban standard cap mags available in my state). Anyone carry one? AIWB? Would be great to hear what sorts of holsters you've tried and loved/hated.

Secondarily, (and no need to answer if it's not appropriate for this section of the forum), did you run an LEM? And if so, match, light or heavy?
    AFAIK, you can get a CCC Shaggy for the USP9. I'd start there....I don't see any reason the USP would be any different than any other gun in AIWB, so what you're looking for is a holster that matches your own body/preferences for a balance between concealment and comfort. It is a fairly large pistol, but there are some guys here carrying G34s and the likes....so it can be done, but I think a USPc would be much easier to find an acceptable balance.

The older USP line are still great pistols, but it's mindblowing that HK still hasn't adopted a standard rail to the frame....and has instead pushed ahead for the last 20 years devoid of progress.

I think I'd rather have a USP9c than my P2000, actually. Trigger reach seems slightly longer (better to me), and the triggers seem slightly better as well.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    AFAIK, you can get a CCC Shaggy for the USP9. I'd start there....I don't see any reason the USP would be any different than any other gun in AIWB, so what you're looking for is a holster that matches your own body/preferences for a balance between concealment and comfort. It is a fairly large pistol, but there are some guys here carrying G34s and the likes....so it can be done, but I think a USPc would be much easier to find an acceptable balance.

The older USP line are still great pistols, but it's mindblowing that HK still hasn't adopted a standard rail to the frame....and has instead pushed ahead for the last 20 years devoid of progress.

I think I'd rather have a USP9c than my P2000, actually. Trigger reach seems slightly longer (better to me), and the triggers seem slightly better as well.
    Thanks for the suggestion.

This was exactly my thinking - there are plenty of guys carrying a G34 or G17 so why not a USPf? It's roughly dimensionally equivalent to the 17.

Also yes, triggers are definitely better on the USP series than the P series, and the big daddy USP best of all (due to the ability to add ALL match trigger parts).

I'd carry a P30 LEM TLG if it had preban mags. But if I have to carry a USP, 2 or 3 dot tritium sights with a match lem (substituting heavy TRS) would probably make the best carry trigger of all the hammer fired HKs.

Re rails, would you rather have a German SIG without rails or a US SIG with them? Standard pic rails are nice, but I haven't really taken advantage of them or found it too difficult to work around. Not being a LEO (having my gun out in dark places), I haven't yet found that relevant to my POU. Nevertheless, there's a USP expert with a TLR sitting at home. All the hk rail cost me on that was a $17 adaptor. Meh. TGS, you know as well as anyone what that means in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by eyemahm View Post
    Re rails, would you rather have a German SIG without rails or a US SIG with them? Standard pic rails are nice, but I haven't really taken advantage of them or found it too difficult to work around. Not being a LEO (having my gun out in dark places), I haven't yet found that relevant to my POU. Nevertheless, there's a USP expert with a TLR sitting at home. All the hk rail cost me on that was a $17 adaptor. Meh. TGS, you know as well as anyone what that means in the grand scheme of things.
    I would rather have a recent US SIG with rails, because I want to be able to put a WML on the gun for night. One of the reasons I bought an HK is because my faith in SIG at the time had become nonexistant. If I was doing it over again, I'd be buying a SIG. The guns are just much more enjoyable to shoot....my GF buying a Mk25 has made this quite apparent, lately.

The USP can be worked with, of course....but holster options get slim when you get into the rail adapter/light combos, and are limited mostly to common mainstream brands like Safariland. I think this is what kills it for most people. It probably wouldnt bother me as much these days, since I dont really have a need to carry a handgun with a WML. I just didnt realize that back then. ☺
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I would rather have a recent US SIG with rails, because I want to be able to put a WML on the gun for night. One of the reasons I bought an HK is because my faith in SIG at the time had become nonexistant. If I was doing it over again, I'd be buying a SIG. The guns are just much more enjoyable to shoot....my GF buying a Mk25 has made this quite apparent, lately.

The USP can be worked with, of course....but holster options get slim when you get into the rail adapter/light combos, and are limited mostly to common mainstream brands like Safariland. I think this is what kills it for most people. It probably wouldnt bother me as much these days, since I dont really have a need to carry a handgun with a WML. I just didnt realize that back then. ☺
    Yeah, AIWB holsters for a USP with WML would probably have to be custom. I got a Streamlight because they sell an adaptor that attaches directly to the HK rail and I found the positioning of the light much better and the setup more solid than with the TLR3 attached to a Pic rail adapter on the HK rail.

Not to take anything away from the design, but I suspect part of what makes P series SIGs so enjoyable to shoot is their terrific triggers and extra half pound of "junk in the trunk" (P229 vs P2000). And if that's the case, and shootability/feel is a priority, then a CZ or 1911 is probably the next pistol to look at rather than a plastic fantastic.

I don't regret getting into HKs but do think it's a shame we can't have an HK that shoots like SIGs, or maybe even goes a step beyond by not being outwardly hostile to operation by lefties. An HK with a metal frame, a terrific trigger, ambi controls, and that's GTG for a variety of carry positions... the P7M13.

*Sigh*

No rail and slim holster options, indeed.

JM Custom Kydex makes USPf appendix holsters as well.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

I occasionally carry a USP9F in a JMCK AIWB Holster. It carries comfortably and conceals easily for me; I have the Match DA/SA trigger as I don't like the LEM.

User Tag List