Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Survey on police weapons and opinions

Site Supporter

Survey on police weapons and opinions

http://www.policeone.com/police-prod...r&nlid=8461198

Glocks seem to be the most used and liked. OMG! It almost mirrors the IDPA polls on gun used.

Just FYI

I've done some of my best shooting with a Glock, but I just can't seem to really become as fond of them as my Sig.

It is quite remarkable how Glock was able to so quickly establish a dominance on the LE firearm market. I'm glad to see Sig in second, though with a far greater margin than I would like.

Not remarkable at all, when you consider that Glock literally gives the things away for free. The rest of the industry could really take a page or two from Glock's marketing and customer service guides.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    http://www.policeone.com/police-prod...r&nlid=8461198

Glocks seem to be the most used and liked. OMG! It almost mirrors the IDPA polls on gun used.

Just FYI
    70% of cops don't get a choice in their pistol, and the 90% who never shoot outside of qualification would pick Glock from the four choices offered. That's a ringing endorsement.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    70% of cops don't get a choice in their pistol, and the 90% who never shoot outside of qualification would pick Glock from the four choices offered. That's a ringing endorsement.
    SOCOM is probably in the same boat.

But on a half serious note - this Glock % seems roughly unchanged for what it's been discussed being for over a decade or more. Over that last few years I've heard a lot about how much they were losing to the challengers.

If I were to vote on where the next big challenge comes from it would probably be from the 320 I think.
    Last edited by JHC; 03-20-2015 at 08:34 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

People often don't get that this is a systems approach when an agency is involved, and it should be.

With Glock you can get the guns, holsters, magazines, armorer training, parts availability, Sim guns, red guns, all at once, a plug-and-play solution, and can do so for less than what other people charge.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    People often don't get that this is a systems approach when an agency is involved, and it should be.

With Glock you can get the guns, holsters, magazines, armorer training, parts availability, Sim guns, red guns, all at once, a plug-and-play solution, and can do so for less than what other people charge.
    Very true. Add in the simplicity of logisitics and training, and its a compelling argument. Especially when Glock was first beginning to take off and they now have the incumbent advantage.

Sig is pecking away at them by taking the same approach. Our state police went from Glock to Sig after experiencing issues with the Glock 21 and Sig offering to buy the new leather, etc. if they swapped to P227s.

"If I were to vote on where the next big challenge comes from it would probably be from the 320 I think."
    That would likely be a pretty good guess.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    That would likely be a pretty good guess.
    I honestly (albeit probably naively) expected the FNS pistols to have a larger impact than they seem to be having.

Quote Originally Posted by threedogdad View Post
    I honestly (albeit probably naively) expected the FNS pistols to have a larger impact than they seem to be having.
    Mine shit the bed very early in its service life.

User Tag List