Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LCR 9mm

Bullet Pull: bullet comes forward like it is coming out of the case. Very light revolvers in service calibers tend to act like inertia bullet pullers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    What's "bullet pull"?
    Forward movement of the bullet(s) in the unfired cylinders, caused by the inertia of the bullet overcoming the crimp/neck tension under recoil. Usually seen in lightweight revolvers with hot loads.

I'm purchasing a LCR from a family member who needs the money for bills. I've never even shot a LCR so this should be interesting. Here is a link to a book some will find helpful.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/1581605714/...=IX02HZ3XB5TSO
    Last edited by Gary1911A1; 04-08-2015 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Spell.

Thanks 1slow / Dave J.

Fired off another 100 rounds today.
    50 RWS Geco FMJ
    50 Speer 115 GDHP
    No problems, very little bullet pull (1/32" or so on the GDHP's).

There is a small screw on the underside of the cylinder release button that must be backed out and blue Lock-Tite added to it then screwed back in.
    After the last range session mine was backing itself out and in another cylinder or two would have disappeared.
    I did not remove it completely (because I don't really know what it's holding together) but I did expose a lot of threads and added the Lock-Tite.
    Today it remained tight.
    On the forums this is a known issues and the recommended fix.

I also added some "Glow-On" fluorescent pink glow in the dark paint over a while Testors base coat to the front sight, then added a protective layer of clear nail polish.
    The hot pink really shows up in the daylight and when moving into shadows from the sunlight or after charging with a light the pink glows really brightly.
    Good ghetto "evening sights".

Last edited by JodyH; 04-09-2015 at 09:10 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I added the same Glow-On paint to my 442 and it rocks on it as well.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    http://glow-on.com/how-it-works.html

Their picture of the eye is incorrect, they have the optic nerve as the center of vision. That's the blind spot. That would be bad to be the center of vision. It is off to the side of the fovea.

Site Supporter
    Jody,

If/when you feel comfortable enough to carry the LCR, are you planning on carrying a reload? If so, how? I haven't really seen any options for carrying moon clips other than a belt pouch or an open-topped OWB set-up.

I had a 442 pro that was cut for moonclips. I played around with reloads and just went back to speed strips. Speedloader are mostly uncomfortable to pocket carry and don't carry easily anywhere else.

As far as the LCR goes, I would load it with a moonclip and carry speed strips. The likelihood of having time to reload once is really low. Being able to reload twice probably won't happen ever.

That's what autos are for [emoji1]
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Not Jody, and I do not have any hands on experience with them, but Del Fatti leather makes a couple of carriers for j-frame sized moon clips.
    Pocket
    Belt
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 04-15-2015 at 10:44 AM. Reason: add links
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List