Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: LCR 9mm

Grant Cunningham has Crossbread Holster making a speedloader holder for him.

I want to try the 9mm. I love my LCR357.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasShooter View Post
    I love my LCR357.
    Well, one learns something new every day; I never realized you had masochistic tendencies.

And I indeed should have made time for you to shoot my HK45C in Texas. We need more Dark-Siders around here...

I carry a moon clip reload in a 35mm film canister in my weak side front pocket. Works great; I can just flip it open with my thumb.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

One thing I've noticed with the LCR, you can short stroke the trigger reset fairly easily at speed.
    There's a false reset "hiccup" in the trigger that'll leave you stranded between chambers if you're not careful.
    I haven't taken it apart yet or researched to see if there's a stronger rebound spring available.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Hi Risk Customer Services
    I played with an LCR 357 today in a local shop. This was my first time handling a LCR and the false reset was noticeable as Jody H mentioned. I am super revolver newb, do the J Frames have a similar issue?

JodyH, how is the 9mm LCR holding up?

JR1572

^^^^^^ya, thinking of getting a light weight revolver again. Not really interested in 38 special anymore because of the price and rarity around me. How is the 9mm lcr holding up?

That false reset, cylinder skip was a deal breaker for me.
    I keep the LCR around for playing with at the range but will only carry S&W J's.
    The LCR does shoot fine and has held up... but that damn trigger.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-30-2015 at 10:49 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List