Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: LCR 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    Softer shooting than a j-frame with 38's? Very interesting. I've never shot a 9mm revolver, but I've always heard they are challenging because 9mm is quite hot coming out of a little wheel gun. I might have to try out a LCR.
    Wow. I have a 940 Smith and find it pretty unfun to shoot compared to even a Model 37 with +P.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Maybe it's the Rogers grips?

I have some HST 147 ammo inbound, and will see what that feels like in it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Wow. I have a 940 Smith and find it pretty unfun to shoot compared to even a Model 37 with +P.
    That's basically what I told GJM, and he thought the 9 was better. Made me curious.

I generally dislike any auto cartridge in a revolver though. The recoil impulse is just different, even if it is light.

I really like how smooth the LCR trigger feels. However, I would cheerfully give up a few pounds of pull weight to get a stronger trigger return. I seem to recall Jerry Miculek saying a strong trigger return was pretty important...

So, does anyone offer a stronger trigger return spring for the LCR, or work on them internally to improve the reset?

Site Supporter
    Necro-post here....

Has anybody put a fiber or night sight on their 9mm? All the options I'm finding are for .38/.357 and state that the POA/POI will be off dramatically.

I did find last night that the factory moonclips are pretty delicate - dropped one loaded and it bent pretty bad, will only hold 4 rounds now. I've regulated the Rugers to range only now since they're so easy to unload, and the Speedbeez are a bit more sturdy while being much cheaper.

The Speedbeez clips are solid, and are still easy to load and come with a demooner for stubborn cases (packs of 10/20/50 on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )

Site Supporter
    My buddy put the xs sight on it. Wasn't too bad out to 15 yards, we hadn't shot it further than that.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Necro-post here....

Has anybody put a fiber or night sight on their 9mm? All the options I'm finding are for .38/.357 and state that the POA/POI will be off dramatically.

I did find last night that the factory moonclips are pretty delicate - dropped one loaded and it bent pretty bad, will only hold 4 rounds now. I've regulated the Rugers to range only now since they're so easy to unload, and the Speedbeez are a bit more sturdy while being much cheaper.

The Speedbeez clips are solid, and are still easy to load and come with a demooner for stubborn cases (packs of 10/20/50 on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )

User Tag List