Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WC Beretta vs Vertec

WC Beretta vs Vertec

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicToaster View Post
    Sorry in advance for the slight derail, but how the heck are you guys getting the ultra thin Wilson grips? I only see the regular ones on Wilson's site. Thanks!
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-C...FS%2DUT%2DBLK/
    Various other colors available

OP, the G19 Gen4 feels great to me and the SIG 226 with E2 grips "feels great in the hand" (did not like it once i started shooting it), our hands are likely similar. Vertec feels pretty good to me but I've never had issues with the standard 92 grips. I would just get the Brig-Tac if I were in your position instead of sending a Vertec to WC, though mostly due to overall cost.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    OP, the G19 Gen4 feels great to me and the SIG 226 with E2 grips "feels great in the hand" (did not like it once i started shooting it), our hands are likely similar. Vertec feels pretty good to me but I've never had issues with the standard 92 grips. I would just get the Brig-Tac if I were in your position instead of sending a Vertec to WC, though mostly due to overall cost.
    I have been really committed to getting the WC Brig-Tac until I started reading about people saying how people with "smaller hands" seem to like the Vertec, which of course made me second guess my choice.

I would REALLY prefer to get the WC Brig-Tac because I feel that for what you are paying it is an EXCELLENT value.

I started itemizing what it would cost to get the Vertec, then adding up all the WC add ons I would do, and realized I would be paying more money for less actual work and parts than I would get by just ordering the WC Brig-Tac.

This made me want to get the WC Brig-Tac even more

I have really short fingers (I shoot the P30 with all of the small panels), and the 92G BT trigger reach is not an issue for me. That is totally at odds with my initial experience with the 92-series back in the early 90s. I like the 92G BT so much that I already have two, with a third on order.

The 92G BT is a great pistol. I just need more of the really excellent sand-resistant magazines that come with it. Unfortunately, Beretta is out of stock.

The dollar bill test puts my hands at pretty much exactly the same as SIGfan26's were, and I have no trouble reaching the 92's trigger.

I did have a vertec thread a short while ago where I was asking about it and smaller hands and stuff. What I found, after getting the Vertec, is the trigger reach is the same as the regular 92. That didn't used to be that way from my understanding, there used to be a short reach trigger in the Vertec as well as the different backstrap profile. The new manufacture Vertec I got has a normal trigger in it. As far as the backstrap profile, the big difference in the Vertec is down low, around where the mainspring is, and I have to admit, it lets my bottom two fingers wrap around the gun a little further. Soon I'll be comparing the V and standard frame to see how much, if any, difference it make when shooting.

Back to trigger reach, my wife is 5'3" and has these little hands that make mine look huge. She also does not shoot handguns frequently. Last time she did come shoot with me, she asked to try my M9A1 Compact. DA trigger and all, after I showed her the controls and she got a feel for how long the DA trigger was, she was keeping 5 and 10 shot strings all in the black of a B8 at 10 yards. I was rather surprised to say the least. I'd never even considered having her try a 92, mostly due to the conventional wisdom that's it's too big.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicToaster View Post
    Sorry in advance for the slight derail, but how the heck are you guys getting the ultra thin Wilson grips? I only see the regular ones on Wilson's site. Thanks!
    Go to the other long Beretta thread on PF -- there is a link.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My hands are small to medium. I fit a Gen4 G19 well. A Gen4 21 is on the border of "pushing it". Also fit an E2 well, but prefer shooting with the regular grips on the P226.

My wife has a 1994 92FS and I recently picked up an Inox Vertec. As someone else mentioned, I don't think the trigger reach is any different between the standard 92 and Vertec. What is different is the hump that fills the palm. While the Vertec is certainly shootable, I prefer the palm filling standard frame of the 92. Pulling the DA trigger feels much more natural on the 92. Of course a "D" spring, Elite II hammer and Beretta aluminum grips also go a long way towards a nicely setup and shootable pistol.

I bought the Vertec with the promise that Beretta would be coming out with M9A3 grips that basically give the Vertec a standard 92 frame. I've put about 500 rounds through it and 10x that # in dry fire. I've put a "D" spring in it and it's helped the trigger nicely. Will purchase an Elite II hammer and M9A3 grips when available. I really bought it because it was a little different and it had fully replacable sights. If the M9A3 grips weren't going to be available for it, I wouldn't have bought it. IMHO, the Vertec has the ideal slide/barrel configuration for a non-surpressed 92 variant. However, the frame takes a little getting used to. Everytime I do my dry fire routine with it, I find myself wishing it had more support in the palm area.

You may want to check out 92 variants with the radiused area of the grip where the web of your hand goes. I believe this would include the 92A1, M9A1 and M9A1 Compacts. There may be others also. The Wilson BT has this feature as well. I haven't shot a 92 variant with the radiused grip, however holding and dry firing in a store left me feeling like, ....this is the grip I want. An M9A1 with a Vertec top would be "it" for me.
    I stopped by a local gun store and they had a Wilson BT in the show case. It is a VERY nice pistol.

I have a feeling a WC Beretta will be being ordered VERY shortly.

Did anybody select the "Mag Guide" option to be added?

If so, thoughts?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I didn't select it as an option, but I added it on after receiving my WC Beretta. So far it seems to offer some benefit in my limited playing around with it. Take my opinion with a shaker or two of salt, though, as I haven't done much serious work with it.
    3/15/2016

Them ultrathins are not cheap...

Just ordered a pair. If they don't do anything better than my modded and stippled Vertec grips [on regular frames], will have to force GJM to buy them from me.

User Tag List