Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: WC Beretta vs Vertec

I don't care about variations in aesthetics. What I do care about is an obvious lack of precision, oh excuse me I mean "variance", in a product that has increased precision listed as one of it's selling points. A difference in LPI in checkering? Big whup. On the other hand, variance in slide to frame fit, in a pistol that's marketed as having increased tolerance in it's fit and that variance in turn being dismissed by the company with the logo all over the product? Bovine excrement.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

The Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical

Keeping this under wraps hasn't been easy, but here are the bullet points for those that want the quick rundown...
    • Brigadier configuration with heavy duty slide
    • G configuration ambidextrous decocker only
    • 4.7” Stainless match grade barrel with recessed target crown
    • Extra tight fitting tolerances for improved accuracy
    • All steel components (decocker, trigger, magazine release, guide rod)
    • Oversize magazine release with checkered pad
    • Checkered frontstrap and backstrap
    • Beveled magazine well
    • Rounded trigger guard
    • Rail for mounting light or laser
    • Elite skeletonized hammer
    • D hammer spring
    • WC rear Battlesight and tritium dovetail front sight
    • WC steel fluted guide rod
    • WC G-10 grips with WC logo medallion
    • Special serial number range with WC prefix
    • Ships with 3 sand resistant 15 round magazines
    • IDPA Stock Service Pistol approved

Beretta/Wilson collaboration Model 92 project specifications:
    • M9A1 frame with 92A1 round trigger guard profile and improved checkering. Basically checkering to be the standard M9A1 backstrap checkering and as many horizontal lines added to the top of the frontstrap as possible, 3-4 lines I would estimate. Serial # range to start with WC0001
    • 92G Brigadier slide (slight de-horning above the locking block area to remove the sharp edge), model marking to be 92G BRIGADIER TACTICAL
    • Model designation on the box to be: 92G BRIGADIER TACTICAL WC Exclusive
    • Slide to frame fit as tight as practical within production gun limits, would like a tight fit like is on the current Italian production 92A1 guns
    • Tritium insert front sight (Trijicon) NOTE: Front sight to be the same as the one used on previously manufactured Brigadier slides.
    • Stainless match grade barrel with recessed crown, 4.7” Elite length, black finish
    • Oversize steel magazine release Beretta part #C86992
    • Steel de-cocking levers
    • Skeletonized Elite II hammer Beretta part #UD5A0584
    • D hammer spring
    • Lanyard loop pin Beretta part #UD5A0075
    • Lanyard loop, aluminum Beretta part #C56801
    • Beretta steel trigger
    • Rear sight supplied by Wilson Combat
    • Steel guide rod supplied by Wilson Combat
    • G10 grips with Wilson Combat logo medallion supplied by Wilson Combat
    • Wilson Combat logo CNC machined or laser cut on slide prior to finish (rear right side behind red dot)
    • 3 – #JM9A115 15rd M9A sand resistant magazines
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    How much does slide to frame fit matter accuracy wise on a beretta?

On SIGs for example, you can have a gun which literally rattles but shoots accurately as long as the barrel to slide fit is good.

Dunno. My main concern was if they think the checkering differences are no big deal, what other corners are being cut? Are the build specs the build specs or just a guideline? At this point being dissatisfied isn't an option. I have class in less than 2 weeks and the gun is my spare. Aesthetically speaking I'm gonna use this gun, not hermetically seal it and put it in the back of my safe.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'm just getting revved up about a possible WC Brig Tac order later this year. Checkering variations wouldn't even be on my distant radar of care. Just want the WC trigger tune and the precision.
    The trigger tune makes it a very sweet pistol. Too heavy for me to want to carry, but a very sweet pistol nonetheless.

Ran 1100 rounds through my first BT this weekend without any stoppages. Total is 1600 without cleaning.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List