Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: WC Beretta vs Vertec

I picked up a Vertec Inox back in Jan. Have since put in the steel trigger, Elite II hammer, D spring, extended mag release and steel guide rod. Sights are on the list as well. Took me a bit to get comfortable with the grip frame, but now liking the setup a lot.

Anyone know of grip options available for the Vertec? I haven't been able to find any. Looking on Beretta's site, I don't even see regular Vertec grips available.

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    I picked up a Vertec Inox back in Jan. Have since put in the steel trigger, Elite II hammer, D spring, extended mag release and steel guide rod. Sights are on the list as well. Took me a bit to get comfortable with the grip frame, but now liking the setup a lot.

Anyone know of grip options available for the Vertec? I haven't been able to find any. Looking on Beretta's site, I don't even see regular Vertec grips available.
    Yeah, I noticed that as well, To answer your question no, I haven't seen grips anywhere.. Nor have I seen grip screws either. I'd like to replace mine with Allen head screws but it seems nobody, not even Beretta has them. (Mod 92 screws are too long) I'm kinda surprised that WC doesn't offer grips for the Vertec.. I did the same thing to my Vertec that you did with the exception of the guide rod. I shot it in a match last Saturday, and came in 6th out of 12 people, a lot of guys are a bit faster than I am, still for the entire course, I only dropped 2 shots..So, I'm pretty happy with the Vertec..
    Last edited by ralph; 05-28-2015 at 11:04 AM.

double post......

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that as well, To answer your question no, I haven't seen grips anywhere.. Nor have I seen grip screws either. I'd like to replace mine with Allen head screws but it seems nobody, not even Beretta has them. (Mod 92 screws are too long) I'm kinda surprised that WC doesn't offer grips for the Vertec.. I did the same thing to my Vertec that you did with the exception of the guide rod. I shot it in a match last Saturday, and came in 6th out of 12 people, a lot of guys are a bit faster than I am, still for the entire course, I only dropped 2 shots..So, I'm pretty happy with the Vertec..
    Thanks for the info. I'm also surprised that Wilson doesn't offer a grip for the Vertec. I'm just getting into USPSA and plan on using the Vertec at some point. I also purchased a Gen4 G34 exclusively for competition. Of the Glocks I have, it is my fav. Having said that, I'm really liking the Vertec. It took a while to warm up to the grip. Now with the trigger parts upgrades, it's becoming one of my favorite pistols I own. I'd like to find something akin to the G10 grips from Hogue for the pistol though.

It's been stated elsewhere I believe but the factory Vertec grips are a hard plastic and take stippling very well. I lightly stippled mine on the left grip panel where my strong hand fingers contact and it was very effective to increase friction. Beretta USA does stock the grips plus grip screws, I just bought some spares from them earlier this week so hopefully they will be back instock soon. Also, the vertec grips are currently in stock at midway USA here

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    It's been stated elsewhere I believe but the factory Vertec grips are a hard plastic and take stippling very well. I lightly stippled mine on the left grip panel where my strong hand fingers contact and it was very effective to increase friction. Beretta USA does stock the grips plus grip screws, I just bought some spares from them earlier this week so hopefully they will be back instock soon. Also, the vertec grips are currently in stock at midway USA here
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    Just be aware that regular Mod.92 grip screws are longer than Vertec grip screws, and will protrude into the mag well. Beretta USA confirmed this for me. I had to go through two people, before I got a hold of someone at Beretta who knew the difference. I was going to buy the Allen head screws to replace the slotted ones that came on my Vertec, and they won't work because of the length.

Got my Blade-Tech Eclipse from WC. Awful. On my 34" waist it doesn't lay flat until 4:30. The butt of the pistol sticks out - far. It might be fine for someone with a much larger waist - like in the WC photos - but not for this in shape guy. Holster is going back. I've got a set of Vertec grips on their way to try too. If I like them then the Ultra Thins are going back too. I'll install the chrome silicon #16 hammer spring and mag guide sometime this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Ok. The WC chrome silicon 16lb hammer spring is noticeably smoother than the Beretta factory D spring. Installed the WC Mag Guide too. Just a few reps made the improvement obvious. Anxious for my Vertec grips to arrive.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Just called WC. My WCBT should ship by the end of July. Changed the color of the Ultra Thins to black and added another CS-16lb hammer spring and mag guide to the order. I should have my identical spare just in time for Pannone. Holster on the other hand is a PITA.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List