Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WC Beretta vs Vertec

WC Beretta vs Vertec

Because of all you bad, bad people I am now interested in getting into the Beretta game.

I am on the verge of ordering a WC Beretta but my medium hands/ short trigger reach has me second guessing it and looking into the Vertec's.

For reference, something like a Gen 4 Glock with no beavertail or a SIG with the E2 grips and E2 trigger fits me very well.

Is WC Beretta trigger reach/ size going to cause a problem?

Would I be better served buying a Vertec for $775-$800ish and sending it to WC for some of the upgrades (sights,G-conversion, etc) or just going with the WC Beretta?

Thanks!

The WC Brig TAC is cheaper when factoring in the work it would take to get a Vertec there.

Thin grips make an enormous difference on the Brig TAC. I like the way the Vertec feels in my hand, but prefer the way the normal 92 grip shoots -- especially with thin grips.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Does the WC come with their short reach trigger or just a metal regular reach trigger?

While the Beretta 92FS has always felt "chunky", the trigger reach is not that bad, especially on the models with dished back strap. I've seen pictures on "the 'net" of guys with both a G19 and Beretta 92FS and a tape measure running around the grip and they are very close. I suspect GJM has both and could give you measurements for comparisons.

Best I can do is give a size reference for my hand

And show contact on the trigger

This is the Wilson Brig Tac with stock grips. My set of ultra thin Wilson Grips for my 92G should be in Thursday, I can post a pic of that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    While the Beretta 92FS has always felt "chunky", the trigger reach is not that bad, especially on the models with dished back strap. I've seen pictures on "the 'net" of guys with both a G19 and Beretta 92FS and a tape measure running around the grip and they are very close. I suspect GJM has both and could give you measurements for comparisons.
    I rode the airline back east today, with just a carry on, and have nuttin but an E1B with me. I doubt a G19, Beretta or even a tape measures are legal here. My Brig Tacs are waiting for me in AK, so I can't say what trigger shipped, except I hope it is not a short one.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

George - get out before the Governors up here hear you're around and want to start taxing you... Safe travels!

Thank you all for the replies so far.

A big thank you to Sigfan26 for the pictures!

It appears when I did the same comparison to the $1 bill (to my hand) that my fingers are just barely longer than yours.

It also looks like from the positioning of your finger on the trigger for the DA pull that the trigger reach is not a problem for you? ("problem" in terms of the trigger reach for the DA pull and the size of the Beretta grip)

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernHeat View Post
    Thank you all for the replies so far.

A big thank you to Sigfan26 for the pictures!

It appears when I did the same comparison to the $1 bill (to my hand) that my fingers are just barely longer than yours.

It also looks like from the positioning of your finger on the trigger for the DA pull that the trigger reach is not a problem for you? ("problem" in terms of the trigger reach for the DA pull and the size of the Beretta grip)
    No problem! Trigger reach is not an issue in the least! I

Sorry in advance for the slight derail, but how the heck are you guys getting the ultra thin Wilson grips? I only see the regular ones on Wilson's site. Thanks!

User Tag List