Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who carries a Weapon mounted light?

I just started this weekend by carrying an M&P9 FS with a TLR-1 in a holster from Personal Security Systems.

So far it has been extremely comfortable and no harder to conceal than any other OWB option I've tried. I haven't worn it IWB yet, so I can't comment how well that would work, but I'm not overly worried about it...

My Glocks & M&P's frequently mount an x300--typically worn in a RCS Phantom or Safariland holster; I've also got Dale Fricke holsters for x300 use on order.

I am going to try to find that Safariland holster with the ALS in it to try.

I have a raven lc for my G17 with surefire x300. Holster is the magpul cut (straight drop) and I carry it owb at 2 o'clock under my cover shirt. Carrying it in conjunction with my ares ranger belt is pretty comfy and the only issue that I have is that I lose access to the front pocket that is obstructed by the holster. I also have the iwb attachments for this holster but have not got around to trying it out.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

M&P 9 with X300 in Raven OWB MD cut. My weapon light is a back-up and I use a handheld E2DL as a primary.

Dale Fricke is making me a Archangel AIWB for my P2000/Viridian C5L.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Dale Fricke is making me a Archangel AIWB for my P2000/Viridian C5L.
    Nice. I just got a Archangel AIWB recently and would like to try one with a CT Lightguard once they come out. So far I'm big fan of the Archangel holster. Did you just email him then send him the C5L once details were worked out?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    Nice. I just got a Archangel AIWB recently and would like to try one with a CT Lightguard once they come out. So far I'm big fan of the Archangel holster. Did you just email him then send him the C5L once details were worked out?
    We worked out the details via email, I'll mail him my C5L so it arrives on May 10th, he said he'd turn it around that day and send out my holster on the 11th.

Sorry I'm late to the party.

This is my cut down G19. I call it my 19/26.

The reason for this little experiment was to be able to easily conceal carry a gun with an attached surefire X300 weapon light that also has a G26-sized grip for easy concealment and comfort.

dale @ www.gripreductions.com did the work. highly recommended.

I use a comptac CTAC for this, carrying strong side IWB at around 3:30-4:00.

I like it a lot. Still not quite as easy to shoot as a full G19, but I believe the longer slide and barrel make it shoot a bit softer than a 26.

Been carrying this for about 4 months. Since I prefer all black sights, having a weapon light is certainly a great thing for shooting in the dark. Where before they'd be basically invisible, I just activate the light and instantly see my notch and post.

So not only does the WML help me to see what the gun is pointing at, it helps me see my sights as well.
    Last edited by fuse; 05-02-2011 at 01:32 AM.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

User Tag List